FABULOUS- Pit Bull Mixes in KANSAS CITY, MO

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

FABULOUS- Pit Bull Mixes in KANSAS CITY, MO

Postby Sally_Dog77 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:52 am

Sully
Sully is a very high drive pit bull mix. He has the coat and wrinkles of a shar pei, and looks kind of like a rottweiler with his coloring, but don't be fooled! He is ALL bully in his attitude. I would prefer this dog to go to a working or sporting home, NO EXCEPTIONS. He is extremely toy motivated and has boundless energy and he is just "too much dog" for most people. He is 40lbs of rocket sauce. Fun to play with and very engaging. Flashy black and brindle pointing. NO CATS.
His adoption fee is $200. He is neutered UTD on shots and chipped.
PS: I won't be sad if he doesn't have any takers ;)

Sully's Album
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 896&type=3

"Tea" Litter
Litter of pups rescued from KCMO animal shelter after they came down with URI at 3 weeks. Mother was supposedly a pit bull, but I have a feeling they won't look too much like pit bulls when grown. Below is a link to their album. Their adoption fee includes all appropriate vaccinations, vetting, spay and neuter and microchip. These are being fostered through Kansas City Pet Project (KCMO animal shelter) and must be placed locally. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Photo Album
[url]
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 896&type=1[/url]

If interested in any of these dogs, or if you have questions please email me at kungpaoconstrictors@gmail.com

Thanks!
Sally_Dog77
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: FABULOUS- Pit Bull Mixes in KANSAS CITY, MO

Postby heartbullies » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:53 am

I want to see pictures, but I think the albums or pictures are set to private? I am so curious to see Sully!!

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby Sally_Dog77 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:10 pm

heartbullies wrote:I want to see pictures, but I think the albums or pictures are set to private? I am so curious to see Sully!!

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk

The puppy album should be public. Here is Sully's courtesy listing via Missouri Pit Bull rescue. He is with me via foster. The bio is a little old. He is learning tracking, now. He seems to be a mix of a "gamebred" APBT and a Shar-Pei. He is black and brindle pointed. Fun to work with, lots of drive, very toy motivated... perfect for someone who wants to try dog sports.

http://mprgroup.net/dogs/sully_courtesy_rachel.html
Sally_Dog77
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Sally_Dog77 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Since Sully would do best in a sporting or working home, I'm posting him here as a last ditch effort to get him into one.
It's not going to break my heart if he doesn't leave me, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind either.

He's got a strange story.

He's the first foster I've had since my ill-fated Sally, whose animal aggression was so high she wouldn't hesitate putting her teeth on a person to get to another animal. She was also extremely fearful of random things. I had to euthanize her after she sent me to the ER, she wanted after a cat and I wouldn't let her, so grabbed my finger and held, and that was her 3rd "strike" in my household. She had bitten 2 other people in the house in the same manner. Basically, she was all over the place with her temperament, and just a bad example of a pit bull.

I informed my trainer of her passing and wanted to return her equipment, and he told me to keep it because "there would be another bulldog that needs me". He and his wife have worked with the bull breeds for 30 years, so they know their stuff. This was almost 3 years ago.

Fast forward to October 2010, and I had a friend wanting me to check out a dog in the shelter she was interested in. She couldn't get off work before the shelter closed, so that's why I went to look. To my relief, the dog she was interested in was being adopted. Then I passed by a small bag of bones curled up in a cage on my way out. I called out to him and here is this huge head on a stick body wagging its tail at me. The name on the card was "Sully", and he was the same size as my poor Sally, so the training collars fit. The rest is history.

Fate is very strange. I feel that I should keep this dog, but if someone has more time and experience than me wants to give him a go, I'd be happy to see if he works out. If not, he may very well be the first dog I put titles on.
Sally_Dog77
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Sally_Dog77 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:06 am

Knowing there are cats in the house is causing Sully a lot of stress. He is also stressed because I keep pulling in fosters and our time together is growing shorter. Good news is that Sully will be going to live with his forever family on Sunday to be an only child. I'd love to keep Sully, but realistically, that would be selfish given my limited time and selfish love is no love at all.

Since I work at a high intake kill shelter, I try and foster as many animals as I can handle, and I have to pick them carefully based on in depth evaluations of their behavior around other animals, such as small dogs and cats. That limits me to a very select few pit bulls or pit bull puppies that will tolerate such animals.

I'm REALLY happy for Sully, but I have grown very attached to him and I know there will be tears.
Sally_Dog77
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs