Casey made a mess...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Casey made a mess...

Postby phez718 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:35 pm

Yep, he threw up and pooped in his crate while I was at school. Then, he layed in it, so he was kinda covered. When we were outside he spray painted the grass AND layed in it. I had to wash EVERYTHING. But I'm done now and I got home over an hour ago...

Should I be worried? Or should I just keep an eye on him for the next few days?
phez718

Postby jmann4 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:45 pm

This is typical. My dogs have done this quite often. Your dog is a rescue. He is simply making his mark, so to speak. I'd say after a few weeks and once he's settled the marking and lying it will not be a problem. As for the crate, has he been trained to be in one for a while or is this is first time? First time, he won't be used to it, second time, he'll learn not to Shi* where he sleeps.
jmann4

Postby phez718 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:22 pm

Yeah, he's crate trained and used to being in there for long periods of time. His foster had 6 dogs(2 of her own, 4 fosters) they are all crate trained.
phez718

Postby shella677 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:32 am

My dog did that once too, (pooped in his crate) and he had been crate trained for quite some time. I guess sometimes if they gotta go they gotta go, so I didn't get that mad at him. It about knocked me out when I walked through the door, and it lingers :yucky:
shella677

Postby damienApbt » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:24 am

my boy has done that a few times. its only when he's been sick though. i pretty much knew what i was going to come home to. it sucks dont it?
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby concreterose » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:45 am

It's pretty normal. He'll stop doing it when he gets tired of laying in it all day. I'm surprised he didn't eat up his vomit. They usually do.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby raebo » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:27 am

When we first got her Finnegan pooped in her crate but she doesn't anymore. I think it was just happening until her schedule got adjusted. At the rescue she was used to being crated at night but was in an outdoor run during the day so she was used to being able to poop during the day. After a little while the crate pooping stopped.

I have to say though, she was pretty talented at shooting her poop outside the crate through the metal bars. roflmao

Rae
raebo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Health Issues