EA´s owner says hi from El Salvador

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

EA´s owner says hi from El Salvador

Postby Eita » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:11 am

Hi,
I am EA´s mom. EA is an energetic, loyal and intelligent 3-year-old female pitbull. Playful, sweet and a wonderful family-dog. But she is terrible on the street. She is definitely dog-aggressive and all dogs in the neighborhood fear her. We have tried to socialize her, but it has been difficult from the very beginning. We bred her - had her mum who unfortunately passed away last year. EA and her two sisters hated each other from the very beginning. I had never seen anything like it among puppies before!!! And EA has continued the same way. Is difficult with other dogs. The only ones she makes friends with are big, young males. She adores them. There is hope!!!

She is also terrible on a leash, in spite of lots of training. She is just above middle energetic. She is slowly getting better. And she is very obedient without a leash. But since we can´t control her 100 % , we have to have her on leash, most of the time. Because she really is a danger to the neighborhood. We even fear she could attack people. She is very protective around the house. But people inside the house: very friendly and she behaves well at the vet etc. But we never leave her alone with children although she seems to get well along with them.

We love our EA. She is such a big and friendly personality - at home. And we got an Amstaff after her mother had died. A young male. She was hopelessly in love with him. Unfortunately he died from a viral disease. She suffered a lot after his death, but we have hesitations regarding getting a new dog, although it would be good company for her. But EA in herself is a big challenge. We would like to see better behavior outside the house.

What have we done wrong? She gets lots of love and we are firm with her. Everything works well at home. Among other things, she adores the cats with whom she plays, eats and sleeps.

The problem is - outside.

Any hints?

EA´s mother
Eita
Newborn Bully

Re: EA´s owner says hi from El Salvador

Postby Eita » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi again,
a few more words about us. We are foreigners here in El Salvador, but know a lot about the region.

A pitbull -EA´s mother Canela - came into my life by accident. She was two years old and pregnant. I adopted her. We were both terrified, but everything went very well. We fell in love with each other and she became my most loyal friend ever. I have experience of other breeds and dogs - but Canela was exceptional. After a year, I met my future husband and they got very well along together. We loved her so much that we decided to have her reproduced. The result was EA. Canela was a very easy dog. Easy-going, we took her with us everywhere. Loved company, car-driving, swimming. EA is the same, but not that easy. Has less self-confidence than her mother and is definitely more dog-aggressive. But she is much more obedient, more playful, very charming - strange how mother and daughter can be so alike and yet so different!!!!

We have fallen in love with the bullterrier breeds. I now have experience of two pitbulls and one amstaff. I have read a lot about these and the other bullterrier breeds. Now we are dreaming of a Staffie, but they are difficult to get hold of in Central America. And we would like EA to be easier to handle outside the home.

EA´s mom
Eita
Newborn Bully

Postby Enigma » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Eita wrote:We loved her so much that we decided to have her reproduced.
See this? This was a huge mistake. You bred an ADOPTED dog (I still don't get how people can RESCUE a dog and then breed it, that's not ethical) with an unknown past, unknown herittage, just because that dog was sweet and had a good temperament, you don't know her ancestors and temperament issues can be hereditary. And now you have a dog who is by your own words "a danger to the neighborhood". Dog agression is pretty normal in this breed, but being protective, guardy or agressive towards people is defenitely not. I really hope all of the puppies from this litter are spayed/neutered including EA.

Stick around on this forum (you have to wait to get approved by a moderator and then you will have access to the whole forum), we have lots of knowledgable members here who can help you with your problem.
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby spammie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:47 pm

:goodpost:
Please post your concerns about her behavior as there are qualified folks here who can offer good insight. Please don't breed her as she may be unstable. This is a great place to learn.
:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions