Goat milk kefir

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Goat milk kefir

Postby pblove » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:05 pm

does anyone on here feed their dogs this
I was in the health food store and saw a bottle of goat milk kefir on Sat. I bought it for the dogs and I as some added probiotics. They are boith enjoying it and so far poops are normal.
warning, I tasted it and had to run and get it out of my mouth, took hours to kill the taste, it has a very strong, gamey taste, along with a taste of sour, curdled milk-YUK!!!!!!! :headbang:
guess that is why it is such a hit with my dogs
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Re: Goat milk kefir

Postby mtlu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:21 pm

I've been thinking about getting some for Molly - it sounds like something she would love based on your glowing review lol
mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 pm

oh I am sure she will love it Charlotte, but it is some nasty stuff imho lol
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby afrikaPB » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:12 am

We had some pups in the clinic recently who were rejected by their mom, and we bottle fed them with goats milk. We didn't use the whole can and it had to be thrown out, so on a whim I gave the leftovers (3/4 can) to Nugget. He LOVED it. Didn't upset his stomach at all, and I've heard that it has good nutritional benefits (for dogs other than pups and lactating females 8) ).
afrikaPB
Matured Bully

Postby pblove » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:28 pm

I have always heard it was good for animals and people. It also has more nutrition then cow's milk and a lot easier to digest, best milk to feed orphan bottle fed babies of any species.
I used to work on a dairy farm many years ago, one of my jobs was to hand milk 14 goats twice per day. I always took home a jug of goatmilk at the end of the day and divided it among my dogs and cats. One day some of the chickens came over and started 'sharing' the goat milk with some of the barn cats so the chickesn got a bowl in the evening too. :mmm:
as soon as I pulled up in my drive way I was bombarded by cats, and chickens, all running at me clucking and meowing, it was funny
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby star_frances » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:06 pm

I have used raw goat's milk mixed with KMR to bottle feed kittens. They did very well on it! I have not tried it for the dogs.
star_frances
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Health Issues