Raw pads?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Raw pads?

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:11 pm

I know I need to take her to a vet. She will be going Saturday. I can't go sooner because of my work schedule.

Lady Bug has raw pads on all four feet. She was fine last Tue. We left for a road trip to FL Tue. Went from VA to Tampa, then to pensacola area, and then back to VA Sunday. On Sat I noticed her 2 front paws peeling and getting a lil raw. Today all four are half raw and peeling. While on the trip I didn't walk her on any pavement except for just a few minutes (3 mins?) on the whole trip. The rest of the time she was walked on grass in my friends yards, on grass at my moms farm, and on grass at rest stops. Curly was done the same, and her pads are fine. Lady Bug has no known allergies and was always fine in FL before. I'm wondering if this is maybe a yeast infection or what? She is starting to favor when walking. Is there something I can do to help her until Saturday when I can see the vet? I'll take some pics now and post them here shortly.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Re: Raw pads?

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 pm

These have also popped up today on her belly. I look at her belly every day because I have to wipe her boobs down. They get build up daily from being saggy and rubbing. These were not there yesterday.

The big one next to one of her nipples looks like a cyst to me. She has had those before, and they come back randomly. Cephalexin is always prescribed, and they go away for a lil while. I haven't changed her diet recently. I have no idea what has cause all of this to suddenly flare up, and I'm worried. What am I doing wrong?!?!

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:09 am

The best thing you can do is NO LICKING. Zero, none, not even a sniff.

Those raw paws need to dry out and cool off, and licking is the absolute worst thing your dog can do to them.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks. I'll put the cone of shame on her. Anything I can do for the pain? Would a salt soak or vinegar treatment help?

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby pblove » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:07 am

I saw white, cloth disposable dog booties yesterday at Petsmart, maybe they will help cushion them, keep them clean when outside to potty, help stay dry(along with the use of the cone)
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby bmore_girl » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:20 pm

maybe try benadryl in case it is some sort of allergy? i agree with the no licking thing - keep them as dry and clean as possible.
bmore_girl
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:35 pm

I'm thinking this may be allergies. Her skin on her nose area is now turning pink/red colored. She's been wearing the cone of shame since last night.

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby bmore_girl » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:52 pm

poor girl. our boy has really bad allergies. we traveled this past weekend and they got noticeably worse. good luck with getting her feeling better!
bmore_girl
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:39 am

Well, I've been doing yalls tips since I posted about this, and 3 of her pads are almost normal. Most of the redness is gone. Only 1 pad still looks bad...it was the worst. It is better tho, just not as much as the other 3. Her nose is more light pink/white now too :) I also caught her trotting with no limp and playing which she very rarely does. The bumps/cyst things are still there, so we will see what comes of those Sat at the vet.

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby patty » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:53 pm

Great to hear that Lady Bug is getting the spring back in her step!!!
patty
Forum Junky

Return to Health Issues