Intro

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Intro

Postby BlueKohl » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:42 pm

[/color]Hello Everyone!

I am excited about joining up with other pitbull owners to help me be a better owner. I have recently adopted Kohl, a blue and white pit mix, from a high kill shelter. He was on the euthanasia list because he was heartworm positive and no one would adopt him. When I took him home, he was one scared baby, but my other dog, Daisy the Saint Bernard, was quick to baby him and get him warmed up to us.

It has been pretty rough so far, as he was quite sick the first few days as well, and we have had to give him lots of doses of different medicine for a URI. You wouldn't know it from looking at him, but he has a long way to go still. First, we are working on a Upper Respiratory Infection, then we are going to tackle his heartworms, and finally he will need to be neutered once he is healthy enough for surgery.

I don't have too many pictures of him yet, but here he is....

I have experience with the bully breeds and power breeds as my last two dogs were an English Bulldog and a Rottweiler who both lived to a very old age, and were very well mannered and great in the house all day. (I'm one of those weirdos that believes that a domesticated dog does not belong outside except for leashed walks or playtime with his people/ dog friends.) Despite my experience with them, having Kohl is something else. He has very bad separation anxiety and I hope that I can find some great advice here on the forums for that too.

My other dog, Daisy, is a 9 year old Saint Bernard, (quite old for a saint) and has Addison's Disease. I know quite a bit about it and managing it, so if anyone would like advice, or just to commiserate....
BlueKohl
Newborn Bully

Re: Intro

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:26 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you! Thank you for opening your heart and adopting this poor boy!!! He is a cutie :inlove:

We have a thread here about Addisons if you would like to check it out, and maybe even contribute to it when you get approved to the board... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47793

There are also some good threads on SA that could maybe help you: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=117661 You can get started reading this one.

Again, welcome to PBF. Hope to see you around!
Curly_07
Regulator

Re: Intro

Postby spammie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:33 am

Welcome and thanks for adopting a special needs dog :thumbsup:
:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions