Looking for help with Mast Cell Tumor

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Looking for help with Mast Cell Tumor

Postby suezq » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:57 pm

My name is Sue and I have two male chocolate labs named George and Aber who are littermates. They are 7 1/2 years old.
I have asked to join the forum because George has been diagnosed with mast cell tumor.

My sister Michelle – ilovethepits – told me that many of the Pit Bull Forum members and their dogs have gone through this journey and shared their stories and outcomes here. I am hoping that your experiences will help me and George through this ordeal.

I had my dogs in for a dental yesterday and while they were sedated the vet noticed a lump on George’s leg.

It was aspirated and had granulated cells (cancer cells). Because of the location on the leg, the Vet doesn't know if he will be able to remove 2-3 cm around the entire tumor to hopefully get clean margins.

He will undergo surgery this Friday, 3/16/12 . It can take up to 5-7 days at the most to find out what Grade of cancer we are dealing with after surgery.
suezq
Newborn Bully

Re: Looking for help with Mast Cell Tumor

Postby Megan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:47 am

Welcome to the forums. There are many of us who have delt with mast cell cancer. I am not an expert on it, so I will let the others offer better advice. My personal dog has had three rumors so far and is stage 2. Our vet thinks he has a good prognosis if we keep a fast response. I keep him on a grain free diet, and try to keep yeasty foods out.

Our greyhound also had a tumor removed at age 4... And lived to be 13. It was her on and only!

Good luck with your boy!
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Looking for help with Mast Cell Tumor

Postby spammie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:53 am

Welcome.
:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions