What type of dog food/diet do you feed your dogs?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:11 pm

I was wondering out of curiosity what do you feed your dogs?

I currently feed Tank, Charlotte and Kaia Fromm Four Star Grain Free Game Bird recipe. They also get fish oil and glucosamine everyday and Vitamin E every other day.

Charlotte and Kaia have been on Fromm Four Star for a year now and they are looking wonderful and doing great on it! I am so glad I finally found a food that agrees with Charlotte's stomach and does not make her loose her fur and have dry, flaky skin.
Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Re: What type of dog food/diet do you feed your dogs?

Postby Shutterwolf » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:35 pm

i use kirkland lamb n rice from costco, and my girl loves it. May not be the best food out there, but i get a lot of compliments on her coat, and her stool is almost always nice and firm. only time it isnt, is if she got into something else lol. She doesn't have any allergies or medical problems tho, so not sure if this helps any.
Shutterwolf
Matured Bully

Postby Enigma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:42 pm

I use Acana (Pacifica and Grasslands during the year, Light&Fit during the winter) for Brina and she does great on it. For Jaka and my mom's dogs we just found a newly imported food Dog Lovers Gold and so far they are doing awesome on it. :)
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Taste of the Wild - for both the dogs and cats.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:Taste of the Wild - for both the dogs and cats.

Ditto. Pacific stream for the dogs, and I'm not sure what flavor for the cats. We've noticed a HUGE decrease in poop from the cats. Before I think the food we were feeding them was called Beyond, and it was sold at Winn Dixie. Then one day it dawned on me that they should eat decent food too...I don't know why I was all adamant about getting the dogs on a decent food but totally didn't think about the cats.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby suzanne » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:14 pm

I feed Nature's Domain Salmon & Sweet Potato from Costco.
suzanne
Adolescent Bully

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:29 pm

I feed Dakota and Alice Taste of The Wild High Prairie, with salmon oil and coconut oil.

My grandmother feeds her little ones TOTW Pacific Stream since they're not as active.
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Sarah » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Enigma wrote:I use Acana (Pacifica and Grasslands during the year, Light&Fit during the winter) for Brina and she does great on it. For Jaka and my mom's dogs we just found a newly imported food Dog Lovers Gold and so far they are doing awesome on it. :)

The Dog Lovers Gold is a good food. Mine were on that, and did well, but I found that Tess does better on a grain free, so I switched to TOTW. Now feeding the Nature's Domain from Costco... the turkey formula right now, though I may buy a bag of the salmon now and then for variety. I supplement with fish oil. Might get some more coconut oil or something to add a little more fat, particularly for Tess who is really conditioned right now and could probably use it. (Tess is a dog who would probably do really well on raw, but that isn't an option for me. I'm happy enough with her condition on the grain free food)
Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Mooresmajestic » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 pm

I use the entire Fromm four star line for the dogs and cats. I rotate which formula I use every time I get a new bag. For training or random treats and food toys I use whatever food samples I picked up at a recent dog show. Usually Nutra Source, Natural Balance or Best Breed. I'm lucky that I can feed everyone anything at any time with no issues. Even the cats don't care what I put in their bowl as long as I put something there lol.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Libby » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Mexi, Umah, Marsha and Kitty are all on TOTW High Prairie, and I recently switched Conway to Science Diet Healthy Advantage Puppy kibble. I know how most everyone feels about SD, and it really isn't the greatest as far as ingredients go, but he hasn't had any loose stools since I started him on it. When he finishes the 15 lb bag of it I bought, I have a 15 lb bag of Wellness Super5Mix I am going to try him on.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Enigma » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Sarah wrote:The Dog Lovers Gold is a good food. Mine were on that, and did well, but I found that Tess does better on a grain free, so I switched to TOTW.
Yeah, too bad only one of our four dogs does well on grain free kibble, the difference in Brina's overall condition was amazing when I switched her on Acana. The other three get loose stools from grain free kibble so I'm really glad they imported Dog Lovers Gold, it's a great food and it's quite cheap compared to other foods here (65$ for a 33lbs bag, that's not a lot of money for a good quality dog food in my country), cheaper than any Science Diet, Royal Canin, Pro Plan and others.
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby starrlamia » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:16 am

right now they get Go! it is one of the only foods that grendel likes for an entire bag lol, usually he gets sick of a food part of the way through a bag.
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Whole prey model guinea pig and canned food(grain free) on alternating days.
I may switch to prey and kibble(g.f.) to mix it up a bit - but I don't remember what the best kibble brands are. I haven't fed it in so long. lol
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby kjhawkeye1 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:06 am

Scarlett is getting Diamond Naturals lamb and rice and loves it.
kjhawkeye1
Newborn Bully

Postby BabyReba » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:50 am

Hi-Tek Naturals grain free.
BabyReba
Regulator

Next

Return to Health Issues