Roc in hospital

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Roc in hospital

Postby Murfins » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:52 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: I think your decision, for what my opinion is worth, makes a lot of sense. Will be sending you both tons of positive, healing thoughts.
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Enigma » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:10 pm

I'm so sorry you're going through this... Hang in there Roc :hug:
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby patty » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Roc is where he needs to be, he is home with you. Sending my best wishes that being home will calm Roc and the antibiotics can begin to work.

I'm glad you made the decision you did.
patty
Forum Junky

Postby Keira&Phoenix » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:50 am

I so sorry Trip that is a horrible situation to find yourself in, I think you have made the right decision.

Lots of positive, healing vibes coming your way.
Keira&Phoenix
Adolescent Bully

Postby pblove » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:41 am

Come on ROC you can do this baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nichole » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:38 am

Thinking of Roc this morning. I hope he had a good day with you.
Nichole
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Leslie H » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Well I agree with your reasoning, and think you did the right thing. It sounds like if you could ask his opinion, Roc would say he'd like a chance. My thoughts are with you.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Murfins » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Just checking in to see how Roc is today and tell you I've been thinking about you both a lot - continuing to send lots of positive thoughts.
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:41 pm

thinking about you and Roc , more prayers sent
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Oh gosh, guys ... just reading this! I support your decision to hang on - I know how dependent he is on you > remember his CGC test??? It just could be that your TLC will be more effective for his psyche than the hospital.... Keeping you in my thoughts!!! :hug:
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby nic » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:51 pm

How's Roc doing?I'm praying he's doing better :)
nic
Forum Junky

Postby Nichole » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:23 pm

I firmly believe that when it is medically possible for them to be home, they should be there. Hospitals are very busy places and they get very little rest. Sadie just came home from the hospital and the vets tell me she slept very little there because of all the activity. SHe has done nothing but sleep since getting home. That endless mind noise isnt good for physical health. I hope he is doing better at home. At the very least he will be more comfortable and happier.
Nichole
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pblove » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Hoping the meds are working and your feeling better daily. :hug:
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:38 am

Thinking about you guys today.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby trip8581 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes for Roc! I don't want to jinx anything, but so far Roc is doing really well at home. The first day back he was back home he had 2 more seizures a few hours apart, but I think they were just follow up seizures from all the stress as he has not had any since. They were quick, normal seizures. He slept like a baby the first night and so did I with him finally back next to me where he belonged.

He is so darn happy to be home - it almost seems like his ataxia is even better than before he went into the hospital which is kind of odd. I am trying to keep him semi calm as he does have pneumonia, but between his old man naps he has been chewing his nylabone like a fiend. And the crazy thing is is that since we got back from Christmas break he has been neglecting his nylabones completely which has been very unlike him as he used to chew on them daily and carry them around everywhere then all of the sudden he just stopped really paying attention to them. Then on Saturday morning I walked into the room after getting dressed and he grabbed his nylabone cause he was so happy to see me and it shocked the h*ll out of me. And he has been carrying it around and chewing on it ever since.

We are working on the feeding thing - as right now I am feeding him canned food by hand in the shape of meatballs one at a time. So I can slow him down and also giving him only small amounts of water at a time. When we do the recheck x-ray, if he does have megaesophagus then I will probably look into making some sort of vertical feeding chair for him as that is usually recommended.

I am hoping that he is not faking me out by this amazing recovery so far and I am hoping that perhaps this means he will somehow pull through this aspiration pneumonia and then whatever else he has going on that caused it we will just tackle it. I have my fingers crossed and am trying not to get my hopes up too much as only a few days ago I was sure it was the end for us. I really do wonder if all he needed was me and the reason he was declining in the hospital was that he was away from me - I have always said that Roc is the one dog that is so attached to me he gets sick without me, but most people do not believe me or think I am nuts. But he keeps proving my theory right.
trip8581
Bully Lover 4 Life

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues