Hi I'm Matt! So excited!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Re: Hi I'm Matt! So excited!!

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:13 pm

mhuxtable wrote:thanks to you too for that.

I guess I'll just take him to the vet after his 2 week shut down then? and we can get him the heartworm meds.

You should take him to the vet as soon as you get him, especially if you adopted him. This is to ensure the rescue/shelter hasn't hid anything from you, and so you can get a start on any issues that may be pressing that you can't see. H/W is a MUST this time of year until atleast the late fall months.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby mhuxtable » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:31 am

ok thanks everyone.
mhuxtable
Newborn Bully

Postby Nickdawg » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:16 pm

he's a lucky boy to be adopted by you! :thumbsup:
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby mhuxtable » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:18 pm

We have him! We've named him Capo. He's doing so well. He doesn't really whine in his crate, but as soon as we let him out that tail goes wagging like crazy!

We played fetch in the yard (on a long 30 foot lead). And he's fantastic! I think he's gonna do really well....just needs to learn the rules & get used to the smells and sounds. He's just very stimulated right now & you can tell.

We're excited to have a new family member! :nana: :nana: :nana:
mhuxtable
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Yay!!! Give him a couple weeks to settle in. It'll take a bit for him to learn his new environment. You are doing great :-)

I'm going to send the mods a msg about this, they usually come thru daily to approve people, but seems they haven't in a few days.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby mhuxtable » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:24 pm

thanks Curly.

Yeah we're doing the 2 week shut down. As much as he wants be out & about & into everything to check his new world out, I know that's not best for him. He needs to get to know us & his new home & the expectations/rules we have.

He is so damn cute though :)
mhuxtable
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Awesome! I sent the mods a reminder. Can't wait to see him settled in and tons of pics!

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby mhuxtable » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:56 pm

he's doing great so far today! he loves the yard....a bit farty (too many treats? :oops: ) haha but other than that very happy.

still getting used to us & taking commands....he knows them, just getting used to our voices.

the main thing i'm going to really wanna teach him is to wait patiently at the door for us to go out first....he stands right up at the door haha. he gets so excited to play fetch!

he did AWESOME at dinner. i fed him by hand & did a variety of sit/down/wait/leave it/take it in different patterns & he did wonderful!
mhuxtable
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:02 pm

That's great! When the mods approve you, post in the health about his gas, what you feed, and what treats. We can help you get him smelling better lol

For now, it could just be the change in food from the shelter to what you feed him. Shelters feed what they can get, so its not always the best or consistent. Also, stay away from treats made in China for the time being. There is a thread about this and why. Also, if you are feeding a lower grade food, that could be the issue too. Many dogs are gassy and coats start to get a funk to them when and lose the glossy look when on those diets. There are many threads in Health, if you'd like to get an idea of foods.

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby mhuxtable » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:12 pm

He had a foster mom and I'm feeding him the same food....Tasteof the Wild.

Treats are some things I got from a local and very healthy pet store....same place I got the food from.

I think it's just the treats he's not used to and the new environment. I give it a couple days and I think he will be fine. :)
mhuxtable
Newborn Bully

Postby Amie » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:06 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Amie
Regulator

Previous

Return to Introductions