4 Health Dog Food

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: 4 Health Dog Food

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:14 pm

SnowKoi2010 wrote:I don't like meat meal because even though they say that its 'skin' you really don't know unless you do it yourself. By products are very easy to through into dog food, which is why I try and avoid it as much as possible.

Once again...know what you are talking about before you say something.
http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=meat-meal

IMO there is a ton of crap that can be put into pet food in general.
http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby star_frances » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:29 am

We're going through some hard times right now financially, so I've switched the dogs and cats to this (from TOTW) and they are doing pretty well. I know it's not the best, but for our current circumstances I can live with it.
star_frances
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby randomroads » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:01 pm

I've used it before and it gave my dog the runs. I don't know why, but we did the gradual transition and tried it for two months and he never formed a normal stool. We switched to something different and he went right back to being normal. It's rare that something will upset his stomach, and even rarer that it will last that long.

Other than that, I don't have anything against it. I just wouldn't buy it myself.
randomroads
Matured Bully

Postby star_frances » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:53 pm

randomroads wrote:I've used it before and it gave my dog the runs. I don't know why, but we did the gradual transition and tried it for two months and he never formed a normal stool. We switched to something different and he went right back to being normal. It's rare that something will upset his stomach, and even rarer that it will last that long.

Other than that, I don't have anything against it. I just wouldn't buy it myself.

That's interesting. Moira can be sensitive like that too, but she and my Mom's dog transitioned to the 4Health just fine. To be honest, I haven't seen any change in their stools between this and the TOTW. I'm not touting it as a great food, but it is something I can live with for the price - especially since they have taken to it fine.
star_frances
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Health Issues