Excited to join!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Excited to join!

Postby LuckyLeo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi all! My name is Christina, I am 36 yrs old and from NYC. I am an animal lover and a huge fan of pit bulls.
I lost my 13 1/2 yr old pit mix to lymphoma on 2/14/12, yes Valentine's Day, :( I got him when he was just 8 weeks old. His name was Buddha and was a truly amazing dog that changed my life and made me a better person. I was introduced to pit bulls very young through family and friends and strongly believe they are a completely well rounded breed.

On 2/25/12, my boyfriend and I found our new pit bull mix, Leo, at North Shore Animal League. His mama was pregnant and gave birth to 6 pups at the shelter and he was the last one left. Unfortunately, we couldnt sign adoption papers that day because he was still recovering from pneumonia and on medication which didnt allow him to get neutered and micro chipped but we were able to take him home and are fostering until he is 100% healthy for surgery. We've been told he looks like a red nose by several people on the street. He is such a joy and is doing great. He has already learned to sit, speak and fetch!

We have 4 birds- 2 parakeets named Rio & Azul and 2 cockatiels named Mozart & Bocelli. We love the outdoors, we do a lot of hiking, camping and road trips(all with the dog of course). I am a certified dog groomer and I am also looking into becoming a certified dog trainer.

This is my first time joining anything like this, so I am looking forward to reading your stories and learning more about the breed!

here are a couple of pics of Buddha and Leo:
LuckyLeo
Newborn Bully

Re: Excited to join!

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:33 pm

:welcome: Thank you for adopting! Red nose, just means the color of the nose is red in color. Like I'm blue eyed...nothing special/rare. I'm so very sorry for your loss. There are many here that have lost the same fight. Maybe you could contribute to some of the cancer/lymph threads on your experiences to maybe help others here. I hope you enjoy it here. See you around :hi
Curly_07
Regulator

Re: Excited to join!

Postby Amie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:04 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Amie
Regulator

Return to Introductions