Lick granuloma

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Lick granuloma

Postby chinsNdobermans » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:17 pm

My Midge has an awful lick granuloma on her right, front paw that I cannot get to heal.

She has had it since I adopted her. She came to me with skin issues resulting from a hormonal imbalance and mild demodex mange. The skin issues are clearing up well post-spay and with treatment, and her hair is growing back in in most places except for that right, front paw with the lick granuloma.

Has anyone else dealt with one of these? Any suggestions on how to help it heal? I haven't tried an e-collar yet but am considering it. I do soaks and she is on antibiotics.
chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Lick granuloma

Postby Enigma » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:49 am

Ouch... Those are really hard to heal. My ex's dog had it, there was absolutely no other way of making it better than an e-collar for the dog. He had to wear it ALL THE TIME, because as soon as you took it off he started licking. E-collar and a cortisone cream applied daily and the granuloma went away in a couple of weeks.
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:32 am

:goodpost:
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby chinsNdobermans » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Enigma wrote:Ouch... Those are really hard to heal. My ex's dog had it, there was absolutely no other way of making it better than an e-collar for the dog. He had to wear it ALL THE TIME, because as soon as you took it off he started licking. E-collar and a cortisone cream applied daily and the granuloma went away in a couple of weeks.

I was afraid the e-collar might be the only solution. I can just picture her barreling through the house, knocking over my 1-year-old with it... she might have to be restricted to the dining room area if she has to have one.

Thanks though, at least there is hope to heal it!
chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Enigma » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Try with the soft e-collar or the inflatable one, they are much more comfortable than the plastic ones :thumbsup:
Enigma
Forum Junky

Return to Health Issues