new pittie parent

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

new pittie parent

Postby bonechew » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi.

My name is Janet. I am 50, living in the mountains of Santa Cruz, CA. I just adopted an adult female APBT that I named Roxy. She is such a sweetie.

I have had a Rott and a Bullmastiff before.

Roxy and I are learning more about each other every day. She has some major health issues that we are trying to overcome. I’ve learned a lot about allergies from lurking on this forum – thanks everyone.

Right now we ride the bike (and she runs alongside) for exercise. She enjoys pulling and took to this naturally. I bet the previous owner did this with her. We work on our manners around other dogs, and have chats about chasing the cat almost every evening.

I have a cat that is meaner than a hungry nun. Roxy gives him a run for his money, which I am really trying to work on. My Bullmastiff past away 5 months ago, so it is just Roxy and the cat. I won’t have any other pets because Roxy is aggressive with anything on 4 legs.
bonechew
Newborn Bully

Re: new pittie parent

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:47 pm

:welcome: Thank you for adopting! I'd personally like to applaud you for actually being a responsible dog owner and recognizing what's best for your dog. I'm also very sorry for your loss. Many of us, myself included, have allergy dogs. Feel free to ask questions in the Health section if you'd like more input.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby bonechew » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

It has been great to read other's posts about allergies, meds, food options, and the tests that can be done. I've certainly learned a lot more about this issue here than any of my other research attempts.

:hug:
bonechew
Newborn Bully

Postby Amie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:28 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Amie
Regulator

Return to Introductions