New Member!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New Member!

Postby melbel1023 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Hello all, I just joined today!
A little about myself, I am a film student at the Savannah College of Art and Design with two dogs. Neither of them are Pit Bulls, but I do have a "dangerous" dog (considered by law). I'm 22 years old, and I'm a big animal rights activists. I enjoy film and photography, but I am also minoring in animation. I also own a chinchilla and two leopard geckos.

I am actually in the process of making a documentary about Breed Profiling and Prejudice in America for my class. I'm hoping to make some wonderful connections on this site, maybe even find some people withing GA or FL or SC that might be interested in helping out with the filmmaking, maybe even being interviewed at some point.
My co-director and I are looking for pit bull owners and fostercare parents, dog trainers, dog psychologists, veterinarians, people who may have lost a Pit Bull due to an attack or prejudice, and also Pit Bull attack victims (who may also own pits).
Anyone who can help us out would be greatly appreciated!
melbel1023
Newborn Bully

Re: New Member!

Postby melbel1023 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:13 pm

oh, DUH - my name is Melissa!
melbel1023
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Welcome! There are a few students here that have written papers and such on similar topics. When you get approved, do a search. You'll find many good links and such in those threads. I'm from FL, currently in VA...but plan to be going back soon. I'd be happy to answer questions about my personal experiences owning pit bulls/German sheps/Dobermans, fostering pit bulls, and discrimination due to my breeds of choice.

There are also tons of valuable info here about the breed...

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby melbel1023 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:35 am

The two dogs I do have are mix breeds.
Lily is my short-fry, she is built like a corgi. We did a blood test with our vet and found out that she is actually 50% spaniel and 25% shiba inu, the rest is a big ol' hodge podge. She has the personality of a spaniel, overly loving and extremely dependent on me! She is a little lovie.
Zoey is my bigger dog, she is a shar pei, shiba inu, briard, and french bull dog mix. She is considered, my by state's laws, a "dangerous" dog. She has inflicted flesh wounds to myself and other people due to her picking fights with "stranger" dogs. Dogs outside of the "pack" stress her out way too much, to the point where she almost becomes uncontrollable. We usually have to leave the park/building/room/situation the moment another dog appears.
However, she gets along splendidly with Lily, they are the best of friends I have ever seen between two dogs.

(I will post photos, still figuring this site out!)
melbel1023
Newborn Bully

Postby starrlamia » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:44 am

Welcome! You will also learn important tips for managing dog aggression in the training forum.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Welcome Melissa, Lily and Zoey. :hi
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:42 am

:modwelcomeonly2:
Amie