New here, what's up

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New here, what's up

Postby Bagged83yota » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Hey everybody, names Keith. I'm 24 and from Benton, louisiana. I'm new to the forum, new to apbt. I've had my apbt for about 4 months now. I got him when he was 8wks old. His name is bomber and he's white and brown with green eyes and weighs 56lbs. He's always so excited to see our family and he tries very hard to be careful around our 16month old daughter even though he knocks her down on accident. I don't have a computer but I'll try to get some pictures uploaded tomorrow. Like I said I'm new to apbt so any tips would be much appreciated. I work in the oil field and I don't get as much time to play with him as I would like but I make sure I give him some kind of attention everyday even though some days I come home late and have to go straight to bed so I can wake up early. Some questions I do have is he knows how to sit and lay but I'm having tousle with stay and to get him to stop jumping when we get home. When he jumps I tell him down and I make him sit but he's just so excited he doesn't seem to get it. Lol another question I have just cause I'm curious, with him being 5-6 months old and weighing 56lbs, about how much bigger is he going to get. I just wanna know what I'm gonna be dealing with lol. Anyways thanks for reading and sorry for the introduction
Bagged83yota
Newborn Bully

Re: New here, what's up

Postby Bagged83yota » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Here's a few pics of bomber

Bagged83yota
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:00 pm

My guess is that he's a mix, so his size will depend on what else is in there.
He's cute! Welcome to both of you. :)
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby GoingPostal » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:40 pm

There's some good advice in the training forum, make sure to check it out. Jumping I have had the best luck with just ignoring it, ignore the dog until he's calm, only pet when he is sitting politely, if he jumps give him your back and ignore ignore! As far as size, really hard to say, he's already larger than most of my full grown dogs. Maybe 70-80 pounds? Welcome to the forum!
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby Bagged83yota » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks for the advice. From what i was told, he's pure bred pit. His daddy was really big though, but like i said, that's what I was told. From everything I've read on appearance, he's got everything he's supposed to have nothing he's not. I'll love him of course either way but if he is mixed I'de like to know only so he can be much more predictable.
Bagged83yota
Newborn Bully

Postby Amie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:25 am

:modwelcomeonly2:
Amie
Regulator

Return to Introductions