Dunnigan needs an attittude adjustment

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Dunnigan needs an attittude adjustment

Postby planetmirror13 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 am

Hey all I love my dog and i need your help if he has any chance! he is a beautiful blue nose who suddenly got the idea that he was top dog or something. I need some serious behavioroal pointers!!!!
planetmirror13
Newborn Bully

Re: Dunnigan needs an attittude adjustment

Postby planetmirror13 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 am

o bad intro after reading the examples... I am a 26 year old male student living in southern oregon with my girlfriend nickie and our pet pitty Dunnigan. Dunnigan is just barely 2 years old and has not been neutered. He has always had a posssessive nature and it is possible that we missed valuable training windows when he was younger. Now if he has something like a bone or is sitting in his favorites spot and you try and move him you ar met with beared teeth and growling. I don't understandd.. this is not a junkyard dog that has been kicked and mal nourished. He has been afforded every luxery, raw food, lots of toys, is it possible that we spoiled him rotten? I have more to the story and lots of questions but I figure I'll save that for the correct forum section rather than my intro. I love my dog, and I want him to be the best he can be, hope you can help.
planetmirror13
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Welcome! Stick around and you will find a wealth of resources and support.

In the meantime, is there a reason your boy is still intact?
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Welcome to you. Glad you came asking for advice. I am not the person to give it but there are a few very good people on this forum that can recommend advice or a behaviorist in your area.

I hope someone chimes in soon so you get the help you need to keep your Dunnigan.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Welcome! You are def in the right place! For now, start with NILF (Nothing in life is free). It's in the training section as a sticky. He sounds like he has had no boundaries and no rules. He needs these, and needs to work for what he gets. His behavior should not be tolerated. There are many ways to deal with this. Start with NILF for now, and contact Red or Stormi on here for more specific positive training techniques.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby MissKitty » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:35 pm

:welcome:

We have some great trainers here that will be able to help you out, I hope you stick around!

Do you have any pictures of your boy?
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Amie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:38 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Amie
Regulator

Return to Introductions