Just send prayers, please.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Just send prayers, please.

Postby HappyPuppy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Wow........ feel better owie puppy!
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby Madeleinemom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 pm

Adding our prayers.
Madeleinemom
Adolescent Bully

Postby elegy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Poor girl. Wishing her a speedy and easy recovery!
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Kingsgurl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Yikes! Any ideas where she could have gotten ahold of those?? Prayers for a speedy recovery!
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:26 pm

She is doing better this evening. We gave her a small amount of torbutrol injectable first thing and it knocked her butt out fast. She was in a lot of pain, though, so I'd rather her be flat out from drugs, pain free and sleeping, than stiff with pain.

As the day progressed, though, she started acting a bit more like herself, becoming more lively and she did eat a little bit of a water/canned food slurry, and then wanted more and more and more as the day passed...which made me feel SO much better.

She is still hooked up to fluids, and she is staying at the clinic another night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers strong that she can come home tomorrow, but I only want her to come home knowing that the Doc is completely comfortable sending her home.

Poor kid, I hate that any of this happened, first the horse squashing her paw, and now this...but, I'm kind of ok with it happening at once, in a way...at least she only has to have ONE bout of six week long crate rest!

I took this right before I left. I was holding her bowl of slurry and she was actually perking up. I was really missing the spark in her eyes, and its finally starting to come back.

I gave her more torb before I left, so she will have a comfortable night, I hope.

And I think she probably got the bones from my parents house. They give their dogs steak bones, pork bones, and those roasted pork bones for dogs. She might have found it in the house, or in the yard, buried or something. I don't know how long it was in her belly, because since she was hurt by the horse, she's either been crated, or right next to me. So I'm thinking maybe on the same day she was stepped on?
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Sorry for the huge pic, its from my cell.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nichole » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:46 pm

It was just a week ago I visited Sadie a few hours after surgery and she looked like, well, she didn't look like Sadie. Her eyes were flat. She must have hurt so bad. The next day the techs said she was doing sit pretties and begging for food - while doing sit pretties. That sparkle was back, Tomorrow you'll feel SO much better seeing how much better she is feeling. Then in a week she'll be picking up toys and enticing the other pups to pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeee play tug of war with me!!! Well, that's what Sadie is doing, so I imagine that's what your little cutie will be doing too :)
Nichole
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sickmonkey » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Poor girl. Hope she's back to 100% soon.
sickmonkey
Newborn Bully

Postby Libby » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Look who is home!

She was very excited to be home, she wanted to jump on and greet the other dogs but of course I didn't let her. She was a little bummed out by being put in a crate, but her appetite was muuuuuch improved at her evening meal--she was barely eating a half a 5.5oz can at a time, and she ate the whole thing tonight. Her spirits seem much improved just being home.

Ignore my ratty crate, it has served me well! And its huge (but not so huge as to cause her problems) and she has a good view of the whole family room and kitchen so she can see what everyone is doing.

In other news, she has pooped twice since her surgery, and both times they were solid, healthy poops. Which I found a little strange since in the past, any exploratory surgeries we've done, the dogs have had loose stools for the first couple of days.

I think what happened is that we removed SO much from her stomach, and than as she was waking up she did vomit quite a bit up, that there was nothing left in there until she started getting the a/d.

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 pm

Yay!!! Good update. She doesn't look so thrilled in there though lol

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Amie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:10 am

At least this counts for some of the time she has to be on bed rest for the foot!

SO glad to hear she's doing better!
Amie
Regulator

Postby Libby » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Here she is this morning. She's feeling better, and I think we've finally replenished the good bacteria in her stomach enough to beat the vomiting. I wasn't able to give her oral antibiotics for a couple days because she couldn't keep them down, but she's been doing ok *knock on wood* last night and this morning.

She wants to be active and eat everything, she is back to begging and she doesn't want anything to do with the special canned food she was sent home with! Gypsy did the same thing, she ate the a/d food for a couple days and then didn't want it. So, I boiled her up some rice and ground hamburger this morning, we shall see how much she likes that in a little while!
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby NYnative » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Glad she's better!
NYnative
Bully Ambassador

Postby Brianna&Bubba. » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Yay Im so happy that things are starting to look up for little kitty. :)
Brianna&Bubba.
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Libby » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:51 am

I think something might be wrong with Kitty. She was doing really well last night, I gave her a few bites of food before bed and she seemed comfortable and semi content.

This morning she is hunched over, she keeps making this coughing/gagging noise, and she absolutely refuses any food. She drank a ton of water when we first got out of bed, and she did go outside and potty, but she acts like she really, really hurts, more so than she did even on the first day.

We will be heading back into the clinic in about a half hour, so the doctor will be able to look at her today at any rate.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues