Greetings!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Greetings!

Postby EmmaFace » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:14 am

Hi! My name is Emma, and I live in the Chihuahuan desert - I work and technically live in the states, but I spend most of my time in Mexico with my fiance while we wait on his visa. We're pet people. :P

We have a beautiful longhaired calico cat named Onitsuka who thinks she's queen of the house:

Two red eared slider turtles named Michelangelo and Leonardo:

A chihuahua mix puppy, formerly a stray, now a super sweet and friendly family puppy. She doesn't have a name yet, but I call her Orejona (that's spanish for a girl with big ears) She's more for my fiance's nephews, who terribly missed their old chihuahua and wanted another dog so badly. She loves them. :)

And of course, the reason I'm here on this forum, a 3 1/2 month old pit bull, my sweet girl Hysteria. She was a gift from an old friend of my fiance, he runs one of the local dog sports clubs where they do weight pulling and high jumping and stuff. (that's a whole world I know pretty much nothing about) Her mom and dad were last year's tournament winners, which is why he asked that we please keep her name as is. I'm NOT a fan of the cropped ears - but oh well, it was done when she was a baby. She survived parvo as a baby too - and from what I gather, I think she might've been the only survivor of the litter.
(please ignore the mess on the patio, spring cleaning hasn't gotten into full swing yet!)

She. Is. Wonderful. Neither of us have ever had a pit bull before. I've had friends with pits though, and I've never thought they were scary or believed any stigma. The ones I've known have always been the sweetest dogs, and Hysteria is no exception. She has a wonderful sweet and friendly personality, and she's just so smart - I've trained other dogs before and she just blows me away, so eager to please. She. Is. Wonderful.

So, hopefully I can get some tips and assistance from more experienced pit bull owners, thanks in advance for any input and advice! :)

-Emma
EmmaFace
Newborn Bully

Re: Greetings!

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:39 am

Welcome! Your furry family is beautiful!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby EmmaFace » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks! Did I miss anything in my intro? Looking at it again, it kinda reads a little sparse, but the pictures are nice ;)

Hm... I forgot to mention I've had small dogs before, a dachshund and a chihuahua/terrier mix, and my fiance used to have a boxer and a chihuahua, so neither of us are new dog owners. We don't plan to train Hysteria in any sports for the time being, but we'll see what happens later. She's not extremely high energy now, a good 30 mins of fetch and a couple laps around the block is enough to tire her out - do pit bulls tend to get more energetic as they grow, or do they have the highest energy as puppies? If she does get more energetic we'll think more about sports.
Upon breaking the news to people that I've got a new baby, I've had to explain twice that pit bulls are not inherently evil murderous vicious beasts, (let's put a stop to dog racism, people!) but I don't mind - I'll defend her as long as I need to for people to see she's a sweetheart. She just wants some love, she'll do anything for ear scratches and hugs and kisses! :angel:
EmmaFace
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 am

Your intro looks pretty thorough to me. A mod should be along shortly to approve it :)
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:45 am

Welcome!

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby BabyReba » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:01 am

welcome, sorry for the delay!

:modwelcomeonly1: