Hello from AZ

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from AZ

Postby bodybagged » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:42 pm

:hi

My name is James and my pit bull is Razor. he is a blue nose and i got him when he was a pup from a breeder. he turned 2 in Feb.

little background. my family consisted of 2 dogs and a cat which are my wifes animanls and a 1 year old at the time i got my pit bull. never had an issue till he was little over a year old where my wifes rot/lab male would attack my pit bull if they were all waiting at the door to come inside. things got worse and we decided to have the 2 males neutered. things never got better and with baby #2 on the way my only option was to rehome my pit bull since my wife wouldnt budge. her female cattle dog gets along fine but the lab/rot that we rescued from a home when he was 6 months old is handicap in many ways which doesnt help with training and his own security. he can not be put on a leash or harness and its been that way from when we got him most likely due to shock collar as a pup.

main reasons for rehoming which was around january 2012 the pit bull was to ease the stress of keeping the dogs separated all the time and with a new baby i couldnt deal with it. so i found a family that paid my rehoming fee and few weeks later i got a call that someone found him. i couldnt do anything about it at the time and the guy said he would just take him to the pound. well last week march 28th i was in california and got a call again from someone that found him and i was 8 hours away so i would go get him the next morning but 5 mins after the call he said the owner came and got him. well yesterday april 3rd a lady called and at this point i was home but a hour from the area and i told her to hold him ill be there asap. so needless to say i got my dog back and im back to the same old situation which is why im here looking for all the help i can get. i basically told my wife i will not get rid of my dog again so she has till june( we leave town) to figure out what can be done or her male dog needs to go.

my grandparents that live by me watch our dogs while we are gone but its to much of a hassle for them to try to keep the males separated.

my pit bull is super chill but acts on the others dogs fear and curiosity cause hes a super weird oh. and im sure part of it is that my dog has always remembered his early years as a pup being attacked for no reason and when he got old enough he was able to act back. another reason my dog found a new home was it was causing to many un needed fights with the wife cause she says my dogs the issue when i see it different.

so if anyone can be of any help let me know and i will be searching around for all the info i can find here.

thanks.
bodybagged
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from AZ

Postby bodybagged » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:50 pm

9weeks when i got his parents
almost 6 months now

right before i rehomed him
hes now 8 lbs less also

and the other 2 dogs we have
bodybagged
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:58 pm

It sounds like you're trying to be a more responsible owner. But if I'm understanding you, as far as you knew, this poor dog had been sent to the pound, where he could have been put to sleep, or wound up anywhere. And you let it happen. So, from my perspective, it makes you sound like a terrible owner.
So, if the dogs can't get along, your wife's dog gets shipped out. Have you given any thought to crate and rotate? Where you keep the dog's seperated?
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:00 pm

I'm a dogs are for life person so I can understand the last response- but here you are now so I too suggest management/crate and rotate etc.

See
http://www.badrap.org/node/96

and other good stuff here http://www.badrap.org/training-resources
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby bodybagged » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:18 am

Leslie H wrote:It sounds like you're trying to be a more responsible owner. But if I'm understanding you, as far as you knew, this poor dog had been sent to the pound, where he could have been put to sleep, or wound up anywhere. And you let it happen. So, from my perspective, it makes you sound like a terrible owner.
So, if the dogs can't get along, your wife's dog gets shipped out. Have you given any thought to crate and rotate? Where you keep the dog's seperated?

ok let me get this straight, i am a horrible pet owner to accept the thought of him going to the pound when there was nothing i could do at the time. yet you say i should get rid of the other dog if they cant get along? where the same situation could happen.

if i missed this at the beginning sorry but the rot/lab was abused locked in a crate outside with a shock collar there for there is nothing we can do to get him near a crate he freezes up.
bodybagged
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 am

bodybagged wrote:
Leslie H wrote:It sounds like you're trying to be a more responsible owner. But if I'm understanding you, as far as you knew, this poor dog had been sent to the pound, where he could have been put to sleep, or wound up anywhere. And you let it happen. So, from my perspective, it makes you sound like a terrible owner.

ok let me get this straight, i am a horrible pet owner to accept the thought of him going to the pound when there was nothing i could do at the time. yet you say i should get rid of the other dog if they cant get along? where the same situation could happen.

if i missed this at the beginning sorry but the rot/lab was abused locked in a crate outside with a shock collar there for there is nothing we can do to get him near a crate he freezes up.

She didn't say get rid of the other dog because they can't get along. She was just reiterating what you said...that if they didn't get along, you'd get rid of the other dog.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby GoingPostal » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 am

You don't have to actually crate a dog to keep them separated. One dog in a bedroom. One dog behind a baby gate. One dog outside on a secure chain spot or in a kennel. Different floors of the house. I can keep all three of my dogs apart if need be without putting any in a crate. Nobody on here wants you to dump either dog.
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby bodybagged » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:22 pm

yeah that is what we do.

my dog would sleep on my side of the bed on the floor of coarse and i would have to jump over a baby gate to get out of bed.after a year i was sick of it. now he has his own room which will only be for another month till the new baby comes. now one dog is out side while the others are in and rotate but this isnt the way i want to live let alone when someone dog sits for them to have to go through this routine. its pretty much looking like the rot/lab is going to go away, my wife is realizing he needs far more help then we can give him and he keeps pissing on my kids stuff. :pray
bodybagged
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Nice.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby haranka » Thu May 03, 2012 11:37 am

welcome james
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict