Hi from me!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi from me!

Postby BarbaraDavis » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:18 am

I'm Barbara! Although I don't live with Pitbulls, I am proud to number many Pitbulls as my friends and clients. I have been a dog trainer and behavior consultant for more than 30 years, the last 20 of which we've lived in southern California. In Riverside County, and the greater Los Angeles area, pibble-type dogs are very popular, although it pains me to say that not everyone who has pitbulls raises and trains them well.

Many of my clients have pibbles, and I've found them to be funny, engaging and devoted family members. They tend to be bright and quick and do very well in class, or in at-home lessons.

I'm also the volunteer trainer at our county animal shelter, and see far too many bully breed dogs relinquished to the shelter for behavioral issues that could have been easily addressed early on. We offer free training classes to any family who adopts from our shelter, and in this way hope to make for a better start for the new adoptees.

I work with a lot of bully breed dogs, including pibbles, bulldogs, boxers, American bulldogs and scores of various mastiffs of all sizes and shapes. I'm fascinated watching them behave and learning to understand all the subtle nuances of their communication with each other, and with us people. Although these dogs aren't for everyone, I enjoy working with bully people and learning more and more about these fascinating individuals.

I'm glad I found this forum, and I look forward to discussions with like-minded people at all hours of the day and night! Thank you for letting me join!
BarbaraDavis
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi from me!

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:31 am

Welcome Barbara :)
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Re: Hi from me!

Postby Amie » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:23 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Amie
Regulator