New AmStaff owner in MN saying Hi

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New AmStaff owner in MN saying Hi

Postby TaylorPlayer » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi everyone...

My name is Paul and I live in the Minneapolis, MN area. I am a tele-commuter for one of the "Large Banks" doing Residential Real Estate appraisal review after closing my appraisal company I ran for several years. We have pretty much raised 4 kids as we only have a Jr. and Sr in high school remaining. With me working from home and my wife having summers off due to her work at a local Jr. High School, we recently decided to foster a shelter dog. It had been 10 years without a dog since we had 4 kids in traveling hockey for several years. We saw Izzy on the shelters web site but it said she was already being fostered. We contacted the shelter to see if we could foster a dog similar to Izzy and found out she was actually living with the shelter owners in the house. We met her, fell in love and agreed to foster her. After a month (and one family vist with folks that could not have handled the demands of a dog like Izzy) we decided we could not let her go and formally adopted her. She had a long journey getting to her forever home with us apparently traveling from St Louis, MO to the shelter in Wisconsin that we adopted her from before finding her home her in Minnesota. She now lives with me, my wife, my daughter and youngest son oh... and our 10 year old Snow Bengal LeMew! (That has been a challenge, but working now after about 3 months of living together.)

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and Izzy, our newly adopted girl!

Here is Izzy after trying for a couple days to figure out the Cat tower, she finally did to meet LeMew!

TaylorPlayer
Newborn Bully

Re: New AmStaff owner in MN saying Hi

Postby TaylorPlayer » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Actually, I should have said in the title she is an AmStaff mix. I think she may have some Springer Spaniel in her based on her narrow mouth, mouth markings and her LOVE of playing fetch/catch with a lacrosse ball. She tears up a tennis ball within no time, but a lacrosse ball became her favorite ball toy immediately.
TaylorPlayer
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Welcome!!!

That picture of her on the cat tower is hilarious!

Thank you for adopting! :)
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby GoingPostal » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:38 pm

That is a crazy big cat tower! My cat would be in heaven if I bought her one of those, I love that the dog is enjoying it! Welcome to the forum and thanks for adopting, I'm a fellow Minnesotan (just way north!) and got one of my dogs out of a WI shelter too, we got the tan male from Eau Claire.
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby Leslie H » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:52 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Welcome and thanks for rescuing.
Nothing about your pup's muzzle, color, or play style make me think she isn't an APBT, there's a lot of variation in the breed. As the DNA tests are still inaccurate, you'll never know, but she's very pretty. My oldest APBT went to hundreds of hockey practices and games, she loved them.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions