Waving at you from Iowa

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Waving at you from Iowa

Postby Indskys » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:14 am

Hello. My name is Becky. I am 43 years old and married with only one of my three children still at home. I was transplated into Iowa 23 years ago from Louisiana where I was born and raised. I knew someone 24 years ago who owned a pit bull and thought that was the best dog I had ever known. I owned a German Shepherd when my children were young and he was an absolutely wonderful dog. But I still held that one pit bull at the top of the list.

When my husband and I were looking for a dog with our youngest son, the first puppy we went to look at was a pit bull and I said, NO, absolutely not. Not because I didn't like the breed because I still put that one 24 years ago at the top of my best dog ever list. I did not want one simply because of the hassle and laws of owning one here where I live in Iowa.

I still say I was 'tricked' into getting the ones I have now. They (the breeder and my husband) told me that it was not a pit bull but instead that it was an American Bully. Well, it didn't take me long at all (the ride home actually) to realize I now owned not one but two pit bulls. And I fell in love with them. So now I have 2 dogs in the pet category and one cat. It took the cat a little adjusting to get used to the dogs and eventually mastered them. The two dogs, Sin and Precious, are now afraid of my cat, Stinky - who doesn't even have front claws!

The dogs are almost 3 years old now. They both have the best temperment and the neighborhood kids play in the back yard with them. Sin was 12 weeks old when we got them and Precious was only 6 weeks. I would guess that since they were raised together contributes to the fact that we have never had any scuffles between them.

I don't have alot of other interests really as I tend to work too much. But do enjoy sitting down in front of a video game with my kid and impressing him when I win.

I look forward to all the information that is shared out here and maybe I will have a little input for a few posts too.

Indskys
Newborn Bully

Re: Waving at you from Iowa

Postby Leslie H » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:51 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Welcome to you and your pups.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions