Hello from Illinois!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Illinois!

Postby mrsjukebox » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi, everyone! My name is Steph and I live in a small, rural town in Illinois. I am relatively new to the pitbull breed. In all honesty, I have always been scared of them. Last spring, my husband and I had the unfortunate experience of discovering a rental home, across the street from us, had six dogs that were abandoned by their owners. We were aware that they may have left one dog, kept outside on a full time basis, but had no idea about the others indoors. The entire neighborhood was feeding and watering the outside dog for a couple of weeks--hoping someone would come back for him. We were alerted of the other dogs when one was trying to bust through a plywood covered window and her head was stuck between the window frame and the plywood. We notified the landlord of the house, and he gave us permission to enter. It was then that we met our boy, Rocco. He was so beautiful and friendly--my husband took him from the window and said we're keeping him. I didn't question it, I just rolled with it...I'm glad I did! Unfortunately, we couldn't save them all, and animal control came and took the rest. The dog that was outside took 2 weeks to catch and the neighbors pooled money to "pay rent" at the shelter until we were able to find him a good, farm home; in which we did. The others (pitbulls) were sent to various shelters in larger neighboring towns. Since our boy was in a seperate location in the house, away from mama pit and four pups, we weren't sure if he was hers. It just seemed weird, but the whole situation was weird. So, with no information to go on, we assumed he was aquired from some other litter. He is the sweetest guy ever, and so very smart--it didn't matter to us what he was, but as he's gotten older (we've had him close to a year now), he's grown into himself and of course, my curiosity has gotten the best of me. It wasn't until recently that I did some research and pinpointed that he indeed is an APBT, or a least part/most. This little guy has changed my mind and all the misconceptions I had about the breed! He actually changed my mind about dogs in general...I always tolerated being around them, but never really "liked" them--to me they were boring and just "there"; I never had a great desire to own one. Rocco has single-handedly changed me forever! I will post pics of him as soon as I can get my phone to cooperate with me (I use it as a wireless hot spot, but live in a dead zone--signal is sketchy most days). I look forward to chatting with others and gaining as much information as I can. Thanks :)
mrsjukebox
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Illinois!

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Welcome! He's a lucky boy to have you. Can't wait to see some pics of him!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Re: Hello from Illinois!

Postby Leslie H » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:48 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Thanks for rescueing.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions