Hello from Baltimore

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Baltimore

Postby bellajewels » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:19 am

Hello from Baltimore. Happy to have found this forum.
bellajewels
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Baltimore

Postby bellajewels » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:56 am

A more proper greeting....

Hi you guys. My name is Tracey. I live in Baltimore, Md. with my son, four rescued dogs (two are pit bulls) and two rescued cats. All six of them sleep in a pile. The cats often sleep on top of the pit bulls. Our family has always rescued....from goats to snakes to dogs to cats.

Both pit bulls, Buster and Buddy, were rescued from hell. They came to us sick. One with severe infected demodex and the other with Babesia. Buster, my blue pit, suffered from a broken spirit too..now mended. Buddy came from Georgia. He was used as a bait dog, but he is one of those happy go lucky dogs who only becomes shy when around guys. You would never know that Buddy never had the chance to be a puppy, never got to cuddle up with his siblings, never got an inch of love....only knew a life of fear.

I am an advocate of spaying and neutering, especially since there are (at least) four million homeless animals killed in shelters each year. This does not include the animals buried in backyards, landfills and bodies of water. All souls who come to this earth are meant to be...but humans have ruined the natural way of things and breed and dump without thought or consequence and the results are tragic.

Pit bulls are my heroes. The most bred, tortured, abused and murdered dog in the nation. They are murdered because they won't fight...murdered because they are deemed dangerous...murdered for the thrill....and murdered in dog fights (after humans have trained them through horrid methods to fight). Yet they are the most bonded to their humans.

I have known dogs all of my 52 years of life...and have met hundreds, probably thousands of pit bulls and can't even think of a time I met one that wasn't friendly...in fact, most were overly lovable. Hmmmm. So it is with great confusion, dismay and anger that the media paints such horrid pictures of them while the law tries desperately to ban them.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend the movie...Beyond the Myth (a documentary about the plight of pit bulls and their guardians).

As for the other part of my life...I have been a self-employed jewelry designer for about 30 years. This allows me to work at home with my animals.

Thanks for reading. Have a great day, Tracey
bellajewels
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Baltimore

Postby spammie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:58 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions