My intro and a question

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

My intro and a question

Postby kito-owner » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:28 pm

I have a 3yo male pit..biggest baby in the world..great with family, very social, great with kids. My daughter got it as a puppy, i was very apprehensive because of the image but he's raised with a pug and a boston terrier so he's very well behaved. Invisible fence keeps him in the yard and basically a typical family dog.

While on vacation, the kid I had house sitting had one of his friends bring his pit over for a "play date" unknown to me. Story has it the kids pit ran out of the house and a neighbor kid was shooting baskets and yup..got bit on the leg. They say it was a playful "nip" but the kid had to get a tetanus shot, tore his pants, and well..still have more of the story to learn.

Needless to say I am livid but hiding that feeling til i get the story from the neighbor, would appreciate any insight as to my responsibility to this event. The house sitters friend made a comment that I shouldn't be using an obedience collar when we walk him, makes him look mean, but without if he would drag you along, choking himself with a normal collar. I even make the the boston wear one, imagine how mean she looks! ha..the pug just wears a normal collar as he gets winded after a block! I wanna tell the kid it seems his dog needs some obedience!

So anyway..comments, insights, thoughts would be welcome. :po:

Thanks
kito-owner
Newborn Bully

Re: My intro and a question

Postby Leslie H » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi, could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.

If you're asking about your legal iability, I think my first call adter the neighbor, would be your insurance agent.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby kito-owner » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Sure..what would you like to know. We got Kito as a pure bred pup. I was not a pit fan but my daughter came home with him. He's a bed hog and thinks he is a lap dog!

As for me, I am a 50 yo computer geek / mechanic. Yes an odd combination. We have 3 dogs a small, medium, and large. A pug a boston terrier and the pit bull. The pit has turned into my garage dog, he hangs with me when I am working on the race car. Everything is a normal 3 dog household.
kito-owner
Newborn Bully

Postby spammie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:48 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions