Pancreatitis

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Pancreatitis

Postby Nichole » Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Well wishes from myself and the girls
Pancreatitis is no fun. I don't know if this would help at all but when Violet gets a sour stomach and needs to eat grass we feed her a piece of bread. I'm guessing it takes up the extra acids. It's what settles her the fastest. I have no idea if that would help at all? I don't think it could hurt? Won't help with the actual pancreatitis but he might have an icky stomach to boot.
Nichole
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Red » Wed May 09, 2012 12:41 am

Thank you.
Tux was able to eat a small meal Friday evening, and keep it down all night. In the morning he woke up demanding food and ate a total of 4 tiny meals of boiled rice, chicken and turkey ground meat, with turkey broth and added electrolytes though the day. Lots of drooling going on Sunday morning, no puking, stopped in the afternoon and ate 4 meals as well.Started small portions of the prescription diet Sunday night, alternating with chicken and turkey meat. Has been eating and acting normal and went for walks since Saturday. Ordered new quality kibble, with 10% amount of fat and decent protein, to be fed after a couple weeks of the prescription diet.

Today he went back for another cPL test, which should come back Friday. It was a different Dr. who saw Tux today, who seems to be better at reading ultrasounds, so I asked for him. Dr. Frank wants to wait til the results come back, before taking an ultrasound.

Tux did not want to be there, but got blood drawn from the neck without a peep with me holding him. He "asked" for help several times when waiting , and in between. In circumstances like this, he never fails to remind me of the sadness behind the many dogs who have the behavioral issues that Tux has, and everything else related to fear, and their owners don't understand them and don't help them.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Thu May 10, 2012 11:58 am

Tux is being prepared for an ultrasound , scope and other things, at the specialty group. He is not eating. Last time I was in this place it did not end up well, sucks being back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby GoingPostal » Thu May 10, 2012 12:08 pm

I hope things start looking up for Tux, be thinking of you guys.
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Pancreatitis

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu May 10, 2012 12:35 pm

:(

Good wishes sent!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Pancreatitis

Postby Stormi » Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Poor guy :( Hope all goes well today.
Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Thu May 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Thank you. His Dr. just came out to let me know that he has had a catheter in and he is on fluids. Dr. wants a pancreatic biopsy to be taken, if the ultrasound is abnormal, which is risky and i am quite uncomfortable with it. Then again we need to know what is happening.Ultrasound is scheduled for 2 PM.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Pancreatitis

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu May 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Ugh! Good luck!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby MissKitty » Thu May 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Thinking of you :hug:
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby BabyReba » Thu May 10, 2012 4:46 pm

oh no. hope poor tux is ok.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Red wrote:Thank you. His Dr. just came out to let me know that he has had a catheter in and he is on fluids. Dr. wants a pancreatic biopsy to be taken, if the ultrasound is abnormal, which is risky and i am quite uncomfortable with it. Then again we need to know what is happening.Ultrasound is scheduled for 2 PM.

I've done lots of pancreatic biopsies. They used to scare the tar out of me (the pancreas being reactive and sensitive and all) and thus far have not had any pets with negative reactions or outcomes after the biopsy. I don't hesitate to do them when the results are potentially helpful anymore.

Best of luck to you and Tux!!!
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Thu May 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Continued positive thoughts being sent. *hugs*
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Fri May 11, 2012 12:37 am

Ultrasound detected enlarged lymph nodes in the abdomen. The spec cPL came back normal from Texas, earlier in the afternoon. There could have been an episode of pancreatitis when he was first taken to the vet, but the worry now is pancreatic cancer, lymphoma.We agreed to a needle aspirate of the lymph nodes and a bone marrow aspirate, as well as biopsy to other organs, to confirm lymphoma or figure out what the hell is happening, tomorrow morning. Had to leave the clinic to drive back up here to take care of the rest of the dogs so I left him there, after seeing him in the back, and that was no walk in the park.He is sleeping and stable at the moment, according to one of the night shift vets.

This random video of Tux around the Dobie pup that has been staying me was taken two weeks ago. I have a really hard time accepting the fact that this dog is now hospitalized, with the word cancer threw in there.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Pancreatitis

Postby Stormi » Fri May 11, 2012 1:38 am

Good grief, Val :( Fingers crossed tightly its not any sort of cancer. What scary news to hear after such a stressful day. You are so long overdue for a break when it comes to surprise health issues with your guys...
Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Pancreatitis

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri May 11, 2012 4:48 am

Oh Val :(

Hugs to you and Tux!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues