Big Blue-Dog in Immediate Need

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Big Blue-Dog in Immediate Need

Postby Cherry » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:43 pm

This big lover was brought in 3 weeks ago after being hit by a car. No owner has come forward. His back leg is broken. He's not on any pain meds and they don't have a vet to look at it. Despite the pain he is in, he still tries his hardest to jog towards you and cover you with kisses. I spent 2 hours with him today and he is such a great dog, he would pass even the toughest temperament test. He is such a sweet lover, very calm and just wants to be pet. He needs rescue ASAP. It is a city animal control so they do euthanize and don't cover vet bills. I brought him some pain meds to make it through the next few days but he needs rescue!! To donate towards his vet bill, here is the link I set up. All funds will go to the rescue or adopter that saves him. If he is euthanized, I can either donate the funds to the shelter or refund your money. Any little bit, even a dollar helps.

http://cherryspitstop.chipin.com/big-blue-boys-vet-bill

Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Big Blue-Dog in Immediate Need

Postby GoingPostal » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:59 am

That poor boy, I can't believe they don't vet their dogs, he's been walking around on a broken leg for 3 weeks? That is awful. :crybaby:
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby Cherry » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Ya, despite being a city full of some of the richest people and highest taxes, they don't set much aside for animal control. There's 2 officers when there should be at least 8. It makes me sick. I've got an interested adopter so we will see how it goes!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby dogs4jen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Poor boy. :crybaby:
He's such a beautiful dog. I hope your potential adopter follows through.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Cherry » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:43 am

He's really interested so we will see. The shelter is closed until Tuesday though. I have $200 raised so far but he is going to need much more to fix that leg. At least this should cover the visit and xray!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby dogs4jen » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Any updates?
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Cherry » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:19 am

He's been evaluated with other dogs and he did awesome, he is very dog friendly and completely non reactive. 2 rescues showed in interest at first but never stepped up. One supposedly got us a vet visit but the vet never called to set up an appt. He has run out of the pain pills I got for him and is now on the dog aspirin I got for him at Petsmart. There's a potential adopter but he isn't going to come meet him until Saturday and we don't know if it will work out. I'm trying so hard to get this guy out of there or to a vet.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Cherry » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:59 am

Jughead is now Juggernaut and has been officially adopted!!!

He had xrays done and it showed that it was a bad fracture that now has healed cartilage sticking up over the bone. The vet said he didn't recommend surgery, just anti-inflammatories. He said surgery may not even help and there's not much they can do for it but supplements and physical therapy.

He went in for his neuter today and we found out he is heartworm positive. So now we don't have to go through with surgery, but he now needs heartworm treatment. If anyone can spread the word or spare a couple bucks, it is much appreciated. The adopter is willing to do whatever it takes to get him healthy but I'd like to help him out as much as I can. He's got such a kind heart and he loves Jug so much already.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:02 am

Cherry wrote:Jughead is now Juggernaut and has been officially adopted!!!

He had xrays done and it showed that it was a bad fracture that now has healed cartilage sticking up over the bone. The vet said he didn't recommend surgery, just anti-inflammatories. He said surgery may not even help and there's not much they can do for it but supplements and physical therapy.

He went in for his neuter today and we found out he is heartworm positive. So now we don't have to go through with surgery, but he now needs heartworm treatment. If anyone can spread the word or spare a couple bucks, it is much appreciated. The adopter is willing to do whatever it takes to get him healthy but I'd like to help him out as much as I can. He's got such a kind heart and he loves Jug so much already.

YAY for Juggernaut (love the name) getting his forever home!!
Does he have a FaceBook page?? I'd be happy to share it. You'd be surprised how much success people have getting funds that way.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby dogs4jen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:56 am

I'm so happy he got adopted! What a great name for him. That's a shame about the heart worm though.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Cherry » Mon May 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Well, Jug was returned to the shelter by his new "owner." Appearances can be so deceiving. Jughead was returned because he got into a scuffle with the other pit bull in the house. He has lost 20 lbs since he was adopted in February, has a raging staph infection on his skin, his ears are infected and full of mites, his hair is falling out and he is showing signs of neurological trauma. Supposedly the "owner" got a "heartworm shot" for his heartworm treatment, but we have no proof and we don't know when. The vet that arranged the no cost neuter gave him a few months of Heartguard and Doxycycline to get him started on HW treatment. If he did get Jug the shot, but continued the heartguard, the vet said it is like poisoning him. His symptoms are as follows: stumbling, drooling, excessive thirst, disorientation, and he is very hand shy. He flinches a lot. He is a ghost of the big, loveable doofus that I met in February. After all he had been through, he still loved everyone. I can't imagine what had to have been done to him to make him fearful. He's been severely neglected, at the very least. There is already a home lined up for him, through a local rescue. The animal control officer that introduced me to Jug the first time has him at her house, monitoring his vitals. The vet is currently treating him with antibiotics, medicated shampoo, ear meds and antihistamines. They want to get him stabilized and a bit healthier before they do any further testing. A wonderful woman donated towards the care he received today, and there is some left but he will need much more care.

The vinegar lavage is suddenly impossible to get a hold of, and the vet really needs to know if and when he received that shot. He's been suffering for awhile, and the vet can only go off a tentative diagnosis for now. Y'all cross your fingers that he pulls through so we can get him trusting people again, and into a home worthy of his love.

His chipin:
http://cherryspitstop.chipin.com/jughead
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue May 08, 2012 8:57 am

Donated!
Thanks for helping him Cherry :)
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Cherry » Tue May 08, 2012 9:40 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Send me your address on here or to my email, jessica_lynn_kyle@yahoo.com and I will mail out a Pawtograph of Jughead next week.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby dogs4jen » Tue May 08, 2012 10:05 am

:crybaby: Poor Jughead, what an awful time he's had.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Cherry » Wed May 09, 2012 1:15 am

What he looks like now:

I have more before/after photos and updates on my facebook. Feel free to add me and keep updated on his progress!!
https://www.facebook.com/mrs.kyle
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs