Dog throws up after eating.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby Courtneyd137 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:59 am

My dog is on the same food as always i called the vet since she is throwing up her dog food. they said feed bland foods like chicken and rice, oatmeal, and grits but my dog wont eat the oatmeal what other options do i have as in bland foods i can feed her, Im not going to care her to the vet unless absolutley necessary
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed May 09, 2012 11:38 am

Chicken and rice?
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Re: Dog throws up after eating.

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed May 09, 2012 11:40 am

Was it one of the recalled foods?
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed May 09, 2012 11:51 am

jamielvsaustin wrote:Was it one of the recalled foods?

No I think she mentioned in another post about her eating Chicken and Rice.

Is she still eating too quickly OP?
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Courtneyd137 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:07 pm

no its not that i know of anyway because my other 2 dogs are eating the same thing and their fine. im cooking chicken right now to make some chicken and rice for her shes asleep in her indoor kennel right now
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby Courtneyd137 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:07 pm

and she doesnt eat fast at all she eats a few bites at a time until she finishes her food. she doesnt eat it all at one time
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed May 09, 2012 1:12 pm

There are so many possible causes for the vomiting that it would really be wise to have her checked out.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Courtneyd137 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:16 pm

if she doesnt get any better i am caring her to the vet right now im just doing as the vet said, she said it might just be upset stomach and to feed bland foods for a few days and see how it goes.
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby Red » Wed May 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Courtneyd137 wrote: Im not going to care her to the vet unless absolutley necessary

The dog was vomiting two weeks ago, and got worse lately, according your other thread. You also said she gets like that often, which could mean that there is something chronic going on. I would think it is necessary to see a vet, to make sure that the situation does not get worse.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Courtneyd137 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:29 pm

i told the vet there and she said just feed her chicken and rice and see what happens. She ate grass last time and got better so far she hasnt thrown up again and its been an hour since she last ate so i believe she is getting better..
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby Stormi » Wed May 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Courtneyd137 wrote:i told the vet there and she said just feed her chicken and rice and see what happens. She ate grass last time and got better so far she hasnt thrown up again and its been an hour since she last ate so i believe she is getting better..

If it's occuring every day, that's not exactly "getting better". I would try the advice of the vet as well as the other posters in your previous thread and give her several small meals during the day of some easily digestible food, and if she's still having bouts of vomiting tomorrow, she needs to get into the vet. Vomiting can be a sign of a lot of things, and those lots of things can quickly get progressively worse and more expensive the longer you wait.
Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby Courtneyd137 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:21 pm

she hasnt threw up at all today. thats why i think she is getting better she is still her hyper normal self. I think she just had a little dog virus or something. The doctor just recommended her to drink lots of water and eat chicken and rice and other bland foods for a few days and see if that helps and if she is still throwing up in a few days take her in to get checked out,
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby Red » Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 am

Courtneyd137 wrote:she hasnt threw up at all today. thats why i think she is getting better she is still her hyper normal self. I think she just had a little dog virus or something. The doctor just recommended her to drink lots of water and eat chicken and rice and other bland foods for a few days and see if that helps and if she is still throwing up in a few days take her in to get checked out,

In a few days? That makes it 3 weeks she is vomiting on and off!
One of my dogs threw up last Thursday (twice, in the AM) and he was taken to the vet on the same day, diagnosed with pancreatitis. Been back and forth to vets since then and we are not done at all.It is often a good idea to feed a bland diet for a couple of days when there is random vomit, or to fasten ( if there are no other clinical signs), but two weeks of vomiting is an unreasonable time to deny a dog vet care.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Courtneyd137 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:05 am

she has stopped throwing up completly she is back to her normal happy self :) im guessing the bland foods really helped. must have been she was eating to fast or upset stomach The vet said she didnt see to much to worry about since she was only throwing up her food. which she isnt anymore. she hasnt threw up in 2 days
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby Courtneyd137 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:07 am

she wont throwing up the full 3 weeks she threw up for 1 day 2 weeks ago and started back the other day but she hasnt threw up yesterday or today so im guessing shes better.
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Return to Health Issues