Free Kittens wilson nc

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Free Kittens wilson nc

Postby Muttkip » Mon May 07, 2012 8:18 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:
Muttkip wrote:Then maybe they are better off being put down.

Hate to agree but better than starving to death.

And I hated saying it....but it's the truth. They are better off dead then living in this world :crybaby:
Muttkip
Matured Bully

Postby Courtneyd137 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:07 am

They wont starve the mother still feeds them and when their old enough ill feed them regular food
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue May 08, 2012 12:52 pm

Courtneyd137 wrote:well their not my cats their stray's im not paying anything for stray cats im just trying to get rid of them

I have a feeling you're not going to fit in around here.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Courtneyd137 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:06 pm

its bcuz i can barley afford my dogs let alone the 20 stray cats my animal control wont do anything about
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue May 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Can't you take them to the shelter?
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Courtneyd137 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:24 pm

NO not all the stray cats in the neighborhood theres literally 20 to 30 stray cats Their all feral except the kittens and they wont come and set traps
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby Cherry » Tue May 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Drive a ways and take them to the next city shelter, or the next. Euthanasia is the kindest option here, since you aren't going to spaying/neutering them, they are just going to contribute to the feral cat colony, get feline aids and suffer, get hit by a car and suffer, or any of the thousands of calamities that befall stray cats.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Courtneyd137 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:53 pm

thats why im trying to get rid of them up here i already found someone to possible take 1 of them
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby Courtneyd137 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:53 pm

which there is another set of kittens up the hill from me and another cat is pregnant about to give birth any day now.
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby heartbullies » Wed May 09, 2012 11:50 am

Right, the problem is huge. That's why animals should be spayed or neutered BEFORE you give them away. Using euthanasia to manage feral cat populations is still very common though many communities are doing TNR.

Did you call the shelter and ask them for resources? Every town I have ever encountered always has a "cat lady" or two that do actual rescue (versus feeding breeding cats or hoarding), and Animal Control will know and love this person/people. They probably can't take in the kittens because it's kitten season BUT they probably know all the best places or free resources for getting a humane trap, spay/neuters/shots/deworming, etc.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby Courtneyd137 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:24 pm

yes ive called everyone possible. idk what else to do besides give them away.. Everyone is full and isnt accepting any more animals,
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby heartbullies » Wed May 09, 2012 1:36 pm

I know everywhere is full, I work in the shelter system and it's unlikely you will find someone to take in the kittens BUT they may have resources for you.

For example, I can't take in kittens, but if you called me I could give you contact info for super cheap or free shots and deworming, possibly find free speuter appts (for when they hit 2 pounds), definitely direct you to cheeeaaapp speuter info, and tell you who to call to borrow a trap to start trapping ferals either for euthanasia or TNR. But that's because of my networking here, I have no idea where to start where you live, but someone does, I bet. They probably aren't a member here but are a community member. I wish I could help you more. It's bad here, one day alone brought calls or animals of seven feral cats' litters, and that's just what I knew about and I'm not even a Cat Person.

The other thing is to tell neighbors to stop feeding these cats, stop feeding their pets outside, too. Animals don't reproduce so prolifically if resources aren't widespread.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Wed May 09, 2012 3:48 pm

humane death is better than starving, dying of disease, being hit by a car or fed to a snake. Lots of terrible things happen to "free" pets that people don't really care about or want to spend money to help get healthy. If you don't want to do what's right and get them to a vet, take them to your shelter. There are groups that work with the shelter in Wilson that may be able to help these kittens
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Courtneyd137 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:34 pm

I TALKED TO EVERYONE NOONE WILL TAKE THE KITTENS I CALLED EVERY SHELTER IN WILSON AND GREENVILLE NOONE WILL TAKE THEM. Im not going to spend money on them because i can barely afford to feed my dogs and my dog is sick at the moment and may need to go to the vet this week i can not afford to take them to a vet they are healthy all they need is a good home. noone will take them animal shelter is trying to move to a new location and is refusing any animal you bring in. Love of dogs also refuses any animal. saving graces for felines wont call me back i have also talked to this man that has his own rescue he cant take them. i have tried everything the only thing i have left is to just give them to someone im not going to charge for them because the new owner will need to pay for vet care.
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby Sweet72947 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:26 pm

I don't see why you are getting on this poster about altering these kittens. Kittens have to be a certain weight and in good health to be put under anesthesia, and being anemic from fleas they probably are not healthy enough to be altered. The only choices for these kittens are not "death" and "horrible death". I hope that this poster can find good homes for these kittens who will be responsible. I wish there was more help for situations such as this. Nobody is obligated to alter a feral cat colony, especially if they are having trouble affording even their basic needs, and nor should anyone be obligated to care for and alter feral cat colonies. Animal control should do its job, not expect citizens to pick up the slack.
Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs