Thanks for asking about Tux.
The biopsies were done, and a scope showed abnormal areas . What I am told so far is that it is either an inflammation and some organs are reacting, IBD or cancer, I will be given a definite answer tomorrow. He is also positive for babesia, apparently.
Last year, when Tigger was hospitalized for IMHA, the lab made a mistake and they treated her for babesia as well. When I was told she was going to die no matter the plasma transfusions and everything else they have tried , the Dr. at the time also told me that a mistake was made by the lab. While she fought the lab to return the money for the testing and some of the vet care, it did not help the fact that my poor dog spent her last days voming as a result of the meds for babebesia.When I was told about the babesia, I rushed to test all my dogs at the time (4). I found my invoice for it, dated 26 Jan 2011. The veterinary facility on base sent out the blood, to the Vector Borne Disease Diagnostic Laboratory in NC, per my request.They called me when it returned, all dogs negative.I trusted them to read a fizzle negative or positive on a lab paperwork.
Tux's Dr. at ASG wanted to do the babesia test today, and I told her I had done that over a year ago so I had the base clinic send her a fax this morning. The ASG Dr. read it as positive. The base clinic is closed now, they are very lucky.I will address this first thing Monday morning.I could have treated the dog since last year.Now Tux has to do one more test, to confirm it, and I don't even know if they will get it right this time.He is getting blood drown this evening for that, at ASG.Even if babesia is confirmed that is not related to what he has now, according to his Dr. at ASG.Like it is not enough see my dog like that, there is this BS on top of it.
My husband came back from TDY and landed at LAX earlier, and he went to see Tux. I don't think it would be good for him to see me and then see me leave him again, it is easier with my husband.He will be released tomorrow, unless there are changes, and I can't wait to see him.
Tomorrow I'll have a decision to make, depending on what the results are.