Buddy Girl needs some good thoughts.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Buddy Girl needs some good thoughts.

Postby heartbullies » Fri May 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Yay! How is she feeling? How are YOU feeling?

I just realized that she didn't have surgery the other day! I thought she had and you had all this on top of the knee repair. I saw "anesthesia" and assumed repair but it was for her to get x-rays? If this is the case well then my fingers are crossed that she won't be needing surgery down the line and this will just be the Week Of Buddy Health Hell and be an isolated event!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby Red » Sat May 05, 2012 6:53 pm

How is Buddy today?
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat May 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Thanks for asking guys! Buddy is doing great! She is eating really well and had her first normal poop today!

The doctors want to give her tummy a break for awhile so no metacam. This means she's only on Tramadol for her torn ligament and she is super lame. I think
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat May 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Oops hit enter too soon.
I think this definitely means surgery is a strong possibility in the near future.

:(
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu May 10, 2012 7:08 pm

An update:

Since she's eating well and doing fine, I started Buddy back on metacam for her torn ligaments and she turned into a wild thing! She has so much energy and pep and her appetite is back ten fold! She is even being so cheeky that she is stealing things from Obi and is chewing everything! I had to get some Nylabones for her (even though she has few teeth left...)

She's doing so well that I dread putting her under to repair her leg.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Murfins » Thu May 10, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm so happy to hear that she's doing great!
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri May 11, 2012 8:34 am

I'm happy to hear that Buddy is doing well. :)
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed May 16, 2012 12:53 am

It's 1:48 am and I've been out with Buddy five times as she strains to urinate. This will be her fourth UTI since last fall. She cant settle so I've decided to bunk downstairs on the couch do she doesn't have to climb the stairs each time she needs to go out.

Sigh. Aging sucks but I suppose it's better than the alternative. I just wish Buddy could hold off between maladies so that I can afford to fix her leg.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby jtalt7 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:52 am

Have you started a cranberry supplement for urinary health? You may have already and I missed it. I recommend Cranberry Comfort or Cranadid by Nutramax. Kal is on weekly doses for maintenance.

Hope she gets to feeling better!!!!
jtalt7
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed May 16, 2012 8:01 am

jtalt7 wrote:Have you started a cranberry supplement for urinary health? You may have already and I missed it. I recommend Cranberry Comfort or Cranadid by Nutramax. Kal is on weekly doses for maintenance.

Hope she gets to feeling better!!!!

We haven't. The last three were very close together, back to back almost and we thought they were caused by her licking her vulva due to some slight urinary incontinence. Her culture just kept coming up with E. coli. So we started her back on stilbesterol and that seemed to solve things.

She does have a rather large fat pad over her vulva and I'm sure that doesn't help. I'm definitely going to look into the cranberry supplement today though.

That will mean her daily meds/supplements include; metacam, tramadol, gabapentin when she needs it, pepcid, thyro-tab, glucosamine, fatty acids and cranberry. LOL I'm going to need to stock up on bulk bags of pill pockets.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed May 16, 2012 9:56 am

Her urinalysis is totally clear. FML. maybe she just lost her mind.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby dogs4jen » Wed May 16, 2012 10:42 am

Have you tried cream cheese instead of pill pockets? It works great with my dogs, and is way cheaper than pill pockets.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed May 16, 2012 10:50 am

dogs4jen wrote:Have you tried cream cheese instead of pill pockets? It works great with my dogs, and is way cheaper than pill pockets.

Yep and but she is a master at spitting them out. And now because of pancreatitis we have to be careful about what we feed.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Muttkip » Wed May 16, 2012 11:38 am

Ever tried the stuff in mouth, hold muzzle gently shut, lift the head back and stroke her throat? I do it with Beau every night when I give him his garlic pill and I've been doing it for years with no problems. I don't see the need to have to hide pills when you can just get it over with quickly without much fuss.
Muttkip
Matured Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed May 16, 2012 11:48 am

Muttkip wrote:Ever tried the stuff in mouth, hold muzzle gently shut, lift the head back and stroke her throat? I do it with Beau every night when I give him his garlic pill and I've been doing it for years with no problems. I don't see the need to have to hide pills when you can just get it over with quickly without much fuss.

Uh, yeah. No thanks.

Even if she was only getting one pill and it was temporary I wouldn't force her. I'd rather make it a pleasant experience seeing as she's on a half dozen meds two-three times per day.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues