Good News :)

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Good News :)

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Courtneyd137 wrote:the reason we buy that is because we can get a 50 pound back for $20 and 2 of our dogs have a hard time eating some foods 1 is little and missing teeth the other is 14 and They dont eat everything they are very picky eaters we bought some food one time NO dog would eat it not even the stray cats would eat it

As a general rule, its best to try to feed a food that costs more than cat litter... what could possibly be healthy if the food is cheaper than dirt?

From petco.com

Tidy Cats Scoop Long Lasting Odor Control Cat Litter
40 lbs.
$20.99 On Sale $18.89
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Courtneyd137 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:21 am

Well my parents wont buy anything different so i have no choice but to keep with the dog chow
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby heartbullies » Fri May 18, 2012 11:33 am

If there is NO WAY that you can change ANYTHING about the care and management of your dogs then I guess you either are --or need to get-- happy with the status quo.

If you are willing to make waves and do the difficult thing, which is changing human behaviors, there have already been anazing resources and suggestions posted in your various threads. Plus some simple links and suggestions for Googling educational material.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby Courtneyd137 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:37 am

well there is no way i can change her food my parents are stubborn and wont change a thing about what our dogs eat
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby Megan » Fri May 18, 2012 11:41 am

How old are you? By 14 I was working a paper route and supporting the majority of the care for my animals (Greyhound and about 40+ chinchillas) with very little help from my parents... Are you old enough to get a paperoute and then you can provide for your animals?

By 16 I was working at the local grocery store, along with a paper route :)
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Courtneyd137 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:50 pm

im 17 and no we only have Paper people driving cars and i dont have a license so thats out
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby heartbullies » Fri May 18, 2012 2:18 pm

I think she meant generally speaking not that you specifically had to get a paper route.

For example: my first jobs were being a part time secretary for a Driver's Ed School and working part-time lifeguarding and teaching swimming lessons. I used the money for horse stuff.

Anyway. If you've decided there is NO WAY and it's NOT POSSIBLE to change anything then I guess you'll have to work on becoming more zen and at peace with the current situation until you feel more able to change it. I dunno. Otherwise people here will continue to try to help, but if all their suggestions and effort and ideas get shot down, then people will feel irritated.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby PitbullLover* » Sun May 20, 2012 6:45 am

Courtneyd137 wrote:im 17 and no we only have Paper people driving cars and i dont have a license so thats out

you could go for a cleaning job, like cleaning local hotelrooms or highschool classrooms, i did when i was your age and it made sure i had the money to take care of all my animals 2 dogs,2 birds,2 guenea pigs,2 rabbits.

If your parents are really stubborn about the food i would just make sure you give them some more supplements, like some type of oil, some fruit and veggies, some rice and perhaps the older dogs something to help with their joints.

Where do your dogs live inside the house or outside?
PitbullLover*
Super Bully

Postby Courtneyd137 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:59 am

Older ones inside Daisy the pit bull outside during the day inside at night and during all bad weather
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby PitbullLover* » Tue May 22, 2012 6:35 am

I don't know where you live but i would see if heartworm preventative is necessary, here in europe we don't have them but you in the US do. What kind of shelter do the dogs have when they are outside? doghouse?
PitbullLover*
Super Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues