Hello from Albuquerque

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Albuquerque

Postby gerry » Sun May 20, 2012 12:25 am

I'm a retired guy who moved last year to Rio Rancho, next to Albuquerque. I selected this area as close to the largest no-kill shelter in NM. Here, and previously elsewhere, I help out at shelters and rescues with problem dogs. Over time, fully no-kill shelters tend to accumulate a number of unadaptable dogs, and smaller shelters often don't have the staff to spend time working with new dogs on issues. I work with their staff on these and also train other volunteers. As dog playgroups are now starting in Albuquerque, I spend time at other shelters down there helping to run them.

My interests are in canine ethology with a focus on rehabilitation. I'm currently working with a number of hoarder dogs who were featured on Animal Planet some time ago. Somewhat of an experiment to see how much can be done for them within the confines and limited resources of an animal shelter.

I currently have one pit/red-heeler mix who was one of the problem dogs at Watermelon Mountain Ranch, [url]wmranch.org[/url] that I worked with. As his training is nearly complete, I'm looking to find him a companion, one a bit younger and more energetic than I.
gerry
Newborn Bully

Hello from Albuquerque

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun May 20, 2012 6:42 am

Welcome! Thank you for all that you do.

Also we would love to see pictures of your boy!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Re: Hello from Albuquerque

Postby spammie » Sun May 20, 2012 10:20 am

:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions