Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri May 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks Meghan!
Thanks everyone who offered to help!

Now to break the news to the hubby that we're footing the bill for a private rescue venture... ;)
User avatar
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Onscario, Canada

Re: Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby starrlamia » Fri May 25, 2012 6:12 pm

That's exciting!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF
 
Posts: 7385
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Canada

Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat May 26, 2012 2:32 pm

starrlamia wrote:That's exciting!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2


You have no idea. I've watched and read bios on countless urgent and needy dogs posted on Facebook and it feels so good to actually DO something so concrete to help. I'm so excited.

I just really hope everything falls into place.
User avatar
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Onscario, Canada

Re: Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby BabyReba » Sun May 27, 2012 6:18 pm

jeez, that face! he looks so cute and grumpy! you must post lots of photos when you get him!
User avatar
BabyReba
Regulator
 
Posts: 13384
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Winter Park, Florida

Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon May 28, 2012 6:26 am

BabyReba wrote:jeez, that face! he looks so cute and grumpy! you must post lots of photos when you get him!


Definitely! If I manage to get him here, I shall all but bombard you all with pictures.
User avatar
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Onscario, Canada

Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon May 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Is this crazy? I've always gone on the theory that:

"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. ~William Penn"

It won't cost me nearly as much as I would have thought to get him vetted and shipped but some people are questioning my sanity.

He's a needy pup and I'm willing and able to help. I don't have tons of money but I'm willing to sacrifice money I would have wasted on frivolous things for myself to get him what needs. *shrugs* Life is short and you can't take your money with you, right?
User avatar
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Onscario, Canada

Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby nsbullylover » Mon May 28, 2012 4:40 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:Is this crazy? I've always gone on the theory that:

"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. ~William Penn"

It won't cost me nearly as much as I would have thought to get him vetted and shipped but some people are questioning my sanity.

He's a needy pup and I'm willing and able to help. I don't have tons of money but I'm willing to sacrifice money I would have wasted on frivolous things for myself to get him what needs. *shrugs* Life is short and you can't take your money with you, right?


Do you think it's crazy?

It's your life and your money, therefore it's your choice what you do with it. You can't change the world, but you can change the world for that pup. I say, why not?
User avatar
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon May 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Well, just when I think it's a crazy plan, Ohio Urgent Dogs posts this as their status:

"Because most of the pounds were closed today we're just going to ask that you share the entire album tonight- It's going to be an ugly week so please share as many as you can :( - Hope you all had a blessed wknd."

I know he is from GA, not Ohio but how can I NOT help?
User avatar
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Onscario, Canada

Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon May 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Ugh the plan may have just taken a nosedive.

Hubby's truck needs major repairs and I'm not sure what they will cost but by the sounds of things, it won't be cheap. The transport from GA to NY alone will be $125 so our budget is unexpectedly stretched.

Ughhhh. I need to find a solution.

Also, WTF karma?
User avatar
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Onscario, Canada

Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue May 29, 2012 8:19 am

The truck repairs cost less than we thought (thank dog for friends in right places) but because I'm having so much trouble firming up transport, I've decided I'm going to make a donation to cover the costs of his vetting and the rescue has a foster home that has come forward so he won't have to go to the shelter.

I can still help, he's still safe.
User avatar
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Onscario, Canada

Re: Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue May 29, 2012 8:51 am

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:The truck repairs cost less than we thought (thank dog for friends in right places) but because I'm having so much trouble firming up transport, I've decided I'm going to make a donation to cover the costs of his vetting and the rescue has a foster home that has come forward so he won't have to go to the shelter.

I can still help, he's still safe.


Aww I know how you wanted this boy, so I am sorry. I'm sure there is another needy soul just searching for you now! You know ALL the dogs out of Urgent part 2 aren't pit bulls! Sometimes they have other breeds too. ;)

I hope BearBear has a good, knowledgeable foster home to help him become the great dog we both know he can be. :)
User avatar
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF
 
Posts: 16078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Sitting on a Gold Mine

Transport from GA to Ontario-- ideas??

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue May 29, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks Michelle! The world is a funny place and I'm sure something will work out. :)
User avatar
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Onscario, Canada

Previous

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests