False pregnancy?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby pblove » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:43 pm

There are plenty of rescue groups that offer/sell low cost spay/neuter certificates!
Call around, I know that a rescue would make sure they get speutered a.s.a.p.! You friend could even offer to make payments for the spay/neuter certificates, after it has been done.
It is a lot kinder to abort those puppies then let more come into this world. A whole lot cheaper too.
Since she is having money issues are her dogs even vaccinated, taking heart worm meds, wormed. If not, what a terrible state to let more puppies some into this world!!!!!
Almost every shelter in my arae sells low cost spay/neuter certificates, even offer free spay and neuter when there is a mony problem. But you have to get on the phone tomorrow morning and start calling around, cannot wait on this issue.
How she can say she loves her dogs and let more come into the world and not care or know what becomes of them is beyond me. :po:
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Re: False pregnancy?

Postby Iwata_Graffiti » Mon May 28, 2012 11:17 pm

I searched the forum and I couldn't find what I was looking for. I have an 11 month old female APBT.I haven't gotten her spayed yet due to financial reasons but I plan to get her spayed. The only intact males she's been around were 3 and 5 month old puppies. She just went through her first heat at 10 months old the swelling in her vulva/everything went back to normal her nipples seemed to stay pretty big. Is this normal for this breed? I have a friend who also had an APBT who didn't have pups but went through a false pregnancy and her nipples were around the same size. Is this nipple size common in ABPT's or should I be worried?
Iwata_Graffiti
Newborn Bully

Postby heartbullies » Tue May 29, 2012 1:28 am

Hmm. I don't know about false pregnancies. What vet or clinic were you planning on getting her spayed at, and what is their price for it?

Just asking bc some people on here may be willing to chip in for her surgery.

Hope you're healing well. I had a much more minor surgery in early April and am still off work so I can relate a little.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby pblove » Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 am

Iwata_Graffiti wrote:I searched the forum and I couldn't find what I was looking for. I have an 11 month old female APBT.I haven't gotten her spayed yet due to financial reasons but I plan to get her spayed. The only intact males she's been around were 3 and 5 month old puppies. She just went through her first heat at 10 months old the swelling in her vulva/everything went back to normal her nipples seemed to stay pretty big. Is this normal for this breed? I have a friend who also had an APBT who didn't have pups but went through a false pregnancy and her nipples were around the same size. Is this nipple size common in ABPT's or should I be worried?

here is a link with many low cost or free spay/neuter resources
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23226
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Leslie H » Tue May 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Some females do keep larger nipples after their heat, though they may reduce in size after her spay.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Leslie H wrote:Some females do keep larger nipples after their heat, though they may reduce in size after her spay.

Curly had her first heat before being spayed. Her nipples took a few months to get really small like normal/before. Her hooha took about 3 years before it got really small like before her first heat. You could see it gradually shrink over time, then one day this past year I was like "Hey, it looks normal now!" lol
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Iwata_Graffiti » Tue May 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks soo much HeartBullies =) I'm doing much better,I have surgery is this Aug To have all the metal removed. Molly's helping with Physical therapy we have taken lots of walks on the appalachian trail including 4, 5mile hikes and one 7mile hike. She go's EVERYWHERE with me!

I plan on taking her to my vet at Arlington Animal hospital in Poughkeepsie NY, they said it's almost 250$ There a great vets office and If everything go's as planed it should be done in July.BUT I more then appreciate that you guys would be willing to help out me & Molly, this is really a great forum! :hug:

Curly07. your icon pic looks just like Molly when she finds something dead and rolls in it, but she has white feet.LOL
Iwata_Graffiti
Newborn Bully

Postby Mooresmajestic » Wed May 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Just an FYI, 3 and 5 month old male puppies can be capable of reproducing.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Iwata_Graffiti » Wed May 30, 2012 10:36 pm

I didn't know that but we never take our eyes of them and she's twice the size of them (they don't come close) it's the 3mo old that's the worst trouble! the 5mo old never try's, I plan on spay her in July tho. Sometimes I think it would be nice if she had pups when she's older, I would love to have one of her pups and friends say the same. Iv met 2 people at the pet store ask if I would be willing to have her mate with their dog. She is a really good looking dog but I'm her daddy, I have to say that! LOL but there's TOO many APBT's at shelters that need homes!
Iwata_Graffiti
Newborn Bully

Postby GoingPostal » Thu May 31, 2012 12:32 pm

Iwata_Graffiti wrote:.Iv met 2 people at the pet store ask if I would be willing to have her mate with their dog. !

Trust me, every pit bull owner gets this, we've been asked by about 95% of other pit bull owners we've met and none of them care where our dogs came from, what their health or temperament is like, they just want to make puppies for some reason.
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby Iwata_Graffiti » Thu May 31, 2012 4:53 pm

That was Exactly it too. There was another guy that tough Molly was a male, and was upset when I told him she's female LOL.
Iwata_Graffiti
Newborn Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues