Vi broke a tooth :(

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby Mooresmajestic » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:58 pm

So Vi not only broke her canine tooth in half, she also managed to break the inside half off too. My poor baby :( She is going in to have it extracted on Tuesday. The Drs at work wanted her on antibotics for a few days before doing a major extraction, so she is getting some pain meds and eating canned food until then. She did it sometime last night, and I knew something was wrong when she didn't want to eat her breakfast today. She would tale a bite, try to chew, spit it out and look at me all sad. Vi not eating one meal is a big red flag so I checked her mouth first and found this... Image
My baby girl is going to look so silly minus one canine. Oh well, at least it won't hurt her anymore. Oh, and ignore the reddened gumline, I used her pain med induced drugged state to scale the surrounding teeth.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Poor Vi :(
The year before Buddy had most of her teeth extracted due to resorptive lesions, she had two bottom canines extracted that we fractured off with pulp exposure.

Fingers crossed for a quick recovery!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Re: Vi broke a tooth :(

Postby Kingsgurl » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:00 am

Poor Vi! Cheer up though! I have three dogs here and, together, they have a TOTAL of 2 upper canines between them, lol. Martin has one, Nikki has one, Mysti has none. Uppers are MUCH more noticeable, but you can't even tell.
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Re: Vi broke a tooth :(

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:37 am

Ouchie! Hope she heals up quickly afterward and I hope the extraction goes well. :)
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues