4Health or Diamond Naturals?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby ChevellesMomma » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:17 am

I simply can't afford to feed my dogs TOTW anymore. They do great on it, but the amount I spend a month on dog food ($200-$250) is just too much. So I am having to switch to something cheaper, but I'm trying not to compromise too much on quality. I was going to try Kirklands, but I can't find anywhere to order it online and the closest Costco is 3-4 hours away from me.

4Health and Diamond Naturals are both at the local Tractor Supply and seem decent quality and cheaper. Which one would you recommend, and do any of you feed it?

If you have any other suggestions for cheaper dog foods, I'm all ears.

Thanks for any and all input.
ChevellesMomma
Adolescent Bully

Re: 4Health or Diamond Naturals?

Postby AmberD » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:22 pm

I think the only foods you're going to find for the price of Diamond foods... are Diamond foods. 4Health looks to be a Diamond food private labelled for TSC (like Kirkland is labelled for Costco). They're all pretty comparable with minor variances. I guess of the two, I would lean toward 4Health. One of the biggest reasons I decided to switch my Akita from Diamond Naturals was the ridiculous amount of rice products. The 4Health still has a lot of grains, but they're at least varied. JMO though.
AmberD
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: 4Health or Diamond Naturals?

Postby Mooresmajestic » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 pm

What about Fromm Gold? I know its reasonably priced and a good food from a good company that has never been a part of all the recalls.

PetCo sells Merrick, and that's a reasonably priced decent food. And PetCo does that buy so many get one free thing.

Purina Pro Plan is actually pretty decent too. My mom feeds the Selects version to her dogs and they do great on it. Healthy and they have a nice coat. Seeing as they are Papillons, a nice coat is very important in the show ring. Pet Smart carries the Selects line, both PetCo and Pet Smart carry Pro Plan.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby ChevellesMomma » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:18 pm

I haven't looked at Merrick, but in my area Fromm is the same as TOTW as far as price. I've started them on 4Health and they are doing great so far...we will just have to wait and see. The Performance Formula has better stats than TOTW...and it's half the price. Lol.
ChevellesMomma
Adolescent Bully

Return to Health Issues