orange poop/stool

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

orange poop/stool

Postby PitbullLover* » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:47 pm

so...everything is going well with the girls health wise, and now freckles (bordercollie/amstaff) is having orange loose poop, for two days now. She's fine other then that (i'm like a concerned mother watching her every move lol ), more then fine she's happy and running around eating and drinking normally, she's 102 F, just checked she's normally a little lower. What could this be? should i go to the vet with her? :dunno:

this is the color of her poop
PitbullLover*
Super Bully

Re: orange poop/stool

Postby HappyPuppy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 am

I just did a 'Google' - perhaps you should take her in if you're certain she didn't eat any cheetohs/koolaid or other orange things. The internets suggested orange poop can be intestinal problems/bleeding/parasites, liver problems or even parvo.... OR it could be nothing... but if it's gone on a few days already it might be worth getting checked out. Ruby gets and occasional poop of an interesting color but it's usually just one then we're back to normal...in fact right now, she's out eating grass to ward off a barf after JUST eating breakfast ... that's a new one!!!

these are what I randomly looked up......
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 504AA5Rn0K
http://www.bestdogpotty.com/what-does-o ... poop-mean/
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 504AA5Rn0K
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitbullLover* » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:48 am

wow... going to make a appmt then! She is still happy and now only a part of her poop is orange.. so think i'm going to take her in just in case, stress is not good for me either roflmao

thank you, going to google little bit more myself ;)
PitbullLover*
Super Bully

Postby pblove » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:37 am

how is she doing? (hope things are fine now)
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitbullLover* » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:44 am

Well I called the vet, since my other dog dana got a ear infection...and told them about the orange poopies, and they told me to give her nothing other then her regular food, no snacks or human food (that's really hard!) and to observe her for a few more days and if she gets sicker or anything changes to call immediately for a appmt.

Right now, yesterday her poop was still orange if today she is still pooping orange i'm taking her in.
PitbullLover*
Super Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:57 am

How are the poops? Back to normal by now, I hope?
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues