South Jersey checking in

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

South Jersey checking in

Postby PitGuardian » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:42 am

Hello all. I'm new to the forum, but not really new to our four legged friends. I currently have a rescued male blue pit mix and a female Rot. Been a long two years getting my buddy in decent condition and he's finally gettin there. We still have a DA issue that I doubt will ever go away because of his past. We are able to at least be on the same street as another dog now without WWIII breaking out. Really has been a joy watching a fighting dog learn how to really live.

So, I did quite a bit with rescues in Fl. and now that I am in Jersey I am hoping to make new connections and do what I can here. I am currently putting together a weight pull track as I know there is a lot of interest locally and not much being done by the bigger organizations of the sport in this area.

Liking what I am seeing on this forum. Looking to gain some more knowledge and maybe pass some on too. Here's a few shots of the two. Although I would never leave them alone together it just crazy to me that he went from what he was two years ago to peacefully hanging out with another dog...

PitGuardian
Newborn Bully

Re: South Jersey checking in

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:44 am

Good god, his ears :( Well, thank you for rescuing him and giving him a life he deserves! I like that first picture, he looks either annoyed or too sleepy to care what you do to him.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby PitGuardian » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:35 am

Yeah, they chopped the heck outta his ears. He was in horrible shape when I first got him. He was about 35 pounds, bad heartworm, bad case of mange, couple fresh fight wounds around his head, and not socialized at all. Found him in an abandoned house just outside of Daytona. He was tied to the stairs.

That pic was after we went for a run and got back in the a/c. He's a professional napper for sure.
PitGuardian
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:27 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Welcome, and thanks for rescuing.
There are ADBA pulls in Woodstown NJ, and APA in the MD,DE area. Not a lot of either though.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions