New in Kansas

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New in Kansas

Postby talon04 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum but not really new to APBT's or AST's. I just picked up my current one is a 4-5 month old Mixed Brindle I have taken to calling Roam after we went to the park. This one has been my most challenging dog to own yet as he has a submissive urination issue and a strong separation anxiety issue as well. He is taking readily to training so far the first night he wanted nothing to do with a leash or the outside world, after just a few days he knows that the outside is were he goes to use the bathroom and he enjoys being on the leash. He is also taking to training quickly learning sit reasonably quickly as well. I have a feeling he was abused by his former owners or thier other pets as he shows no interest in toys and is submissive to our cat as well. Any ideas or tips to help would be great!
talon04
Newborn Bully

Re: New in Kansas

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 pm

welcome! I suggest the 2 week shut-down - great thread here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81654
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby talon04 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Nickdawg wrote:<span>welcome! I suggest the 2 week shut-down - great thread here <a href="http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81654" class="smarterwiki-linkify">http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81654</a></span>

I'm going to start implementing this I think he is still a young boy and I know hes a mixed breed not full blood sadly. Here are some pics for you all. Tell me what you think!

talon04
Newborn Bully

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:55 pm

aww he's cute, looks youngish, still lanky etc. and "overwhelmed" eyes - look forward to his "after" photo :)
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

New in Kansas

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Welcome! Your pup is stinkin' cute!!!!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby talon04 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:29 am

He is very cute, though the wife has issues with his separation anxiety as he whines and barks if left alone for a little while. I know it just takes time and he will grow out of it I'm sure just have to wait it out. Also have to get the wife to help with walking him more and getting him trained.
talon04
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:47 am

Are you guys crate training? If you aren't, you may be interested in it. If you are, you could start giving him a special treat in his crate right before he has to be alone so he's distracted...some people only use special treats for the crate...also are you familiar with Kongs? You could fill one up with something tasty (peanut butter, frozen yogurt) and give that to him...and if you've already tried these things-sorry to go over info you're already aware of.

The memeber, Amie, has a video where she was training her dog Liberty to go in the crate. She was using a clicker-it might be worth looking up.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby talon04 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:37 pm

jamielvsaustin wrote:Are you guys crate training? If you aren't, you may be interested in it. If you are, you could start giving him a special treat in his crate right before he has to be alone so he's distracted...some people only use special treats for the crate...also are you familiar with Kongs? You could fill one up with something tasty (peanut butter, frozen yogurt) and give that to him...and if you've already tried these things-sorry to go over info you're already aware of.

The memeber, Amie, has a video where she was training her dog Liberty to go in the crate. She was using a clicker-it might be worth looking up.

I am planning on crate training but I have to find a reasonably priced crate first, and we are moving to a new home within the month. He has a small kong right now but the real issue I'm having is that he isn't showing much interest in any toys right now. I'm going to see if I can find that video now.
talon04
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:34 pm

We've found a couple of crates in great condition on craiglist.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:19 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Welcome to you and your pup.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions