Reporting for duty!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Reporting for duty!

Postby CallSignOWL » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:00 pm

Hello all!

Im glad to be joining you all. Ive looked at other Pitbull forums, but his one stood out to me, so I decided to join.

My name is Anna, and Im currently a undergraduate student at UNL (Go Huskers!) working towards a BA in history and a minor in Classics (Greek and Roman). Dont ask me what I plan to do with that, 'cause I dont really know myself!! But hey, I have the rest of my life to figure that out, dont I? Im thinking of perhaps getting into museum work. My main hobby is building scale models. Mostly aircraft with the odd helicopter or tank thrown in. I enjoy the artistic release and problem-solving aspect of the hobby--just 15 minutes of building can erase hours of stress. I just get into the groove and zone out. Here's one of my most recent projects, a P-40b Warhawk in 1/48 scale:

My other interests include Hapkido/Taekwondo, and spoiling my cockatiel and Betta fish. I also share my home with the family's elderly cat.

(my babe, Donny)

(little buddy, Galileo)

(sweety-pie, Nell)

I currently live with my mother as I go to school, but plan on getting my own place shortly after graduating. And what home would be complete without a dog? I was introduced to the breed though my childhood dog, Star, who was a pitbull/lab mix. She was only two days away from euthanasia when we adopted her. Not for any behavior reasons, but because nobody wanted a pitbull! My family could never understand why anyone would want to put down such a sweet dog just because of her breed. She was a very loving, attentive dog--she was easy to train, eager to please and loved cuddling on the couch--and remains the golden standard in my mind of what a dog should be. :hug:

(she always LOVED going for car rides!)

Thats a little bit about me. I look forward to exploring the forum and learning as much as I can about the breed so I can be prepared when I finally set up a place of my own. If ya'll have any questions/comments, feel free to shoot me a note! :)
CallSignOWL
Adolescent Bully

Re: Reporting for duty!

Postby CallSignOWL » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:00 pm

woah! Anyone know why the pics are cut off on the right side???
CallSignOWL
Adolescent Bully

Re: Reporting for duty!

Postby Leslie H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:07 pm

You won me over w/the plane model. My dad used to have a bunch of them in our den. I remember the Mustang was his favorite.
:modwelcomeonly1:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions