Hello from Southern Oklahoma

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Southern Oklahoma

Postby Lisa1862 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:53 am

Hello all! My name is Lisa, I live in the southern part of Oklahoma.I work as an RN, my husband is a pipeline welder. I am new to owning a pit bull. I was reluctant at first because of all the crap out there about the breed. My husband is the one who really wanted a pit. We had one dog, a whippet, named Bailey, we had no plans on adding a dog to the family but I was given the opportunity to bring home a three month old blue nose pit, we decided to jump on it. His name is Max, named by the previous owners three year old niece(on a side note he also had pink toe nails) We have had him for two months now, and just let me say Max is my dog. I am so in love with this guy.I love how he acts like I have been gone for days even if it is just to take the trash out. He is so well behaved, he has better manners than Bailey. I can just tell in his face how much he wants to please. My husband travels, so it's nice to hear him starting to learn how to bark like a big boy. He and Bailey get along so well I am still surprised to see how much they like each other. We have 250 acres that they have full access to and they run and run, he has no hopemof keeping up with her but its fun to watch him try. I have no idea how people turn this breed of dog into the mean aggressive dog and further more why they would want to. I hope to talk to everyone on the forum. If you have any questions just ask.

Lisa
Lisa1862
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Southern Oklahoma

Postby Leslie H » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:06 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Many bull breeds dogs do not get along with other dogs, not because they were badly trained, but it is part of their temperament. It's not the end of the world, and can be managed, but it is not something that can be eliminated. They should always be great w/people.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions