Hi from Massachusetts

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi from Massachusetts

Postby Point37 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi my name is Ryan from south coast Massachusetts...my girlfriend and i just put a down payment on this little guy...she had 2 purple ribbon pits before this one...this will be my first dog...below he is just about 3 weeks old...his name is going to be Brewski...like Tedi Bruschi but spelled different :D

with his brothers and sisters

with his brothers and sisters and mommy
Point37
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi from Massachusetts

Postby Leslie H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi, could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access. There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.
Your pup to be looks adorable. Since you're buying from a breeder, I hope that they have been responsible enough to do some health testing, like hip x-rays to check for dysplasia. Right now the breed is about 25% dysplastic, which is awful. If breeders are responsible, and x-ray before they breed, it will make for a healthier breed, in the long run.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Point37 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:26 am

Leslie H wrote:Hi, could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access. There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.
Your pup to be looks adorable. Since you're buying from a breeder, I hope that they have been responsible enough to do some health testing, like hip x-rays to check for dysplasia. Right now the breed is about 25% dysplastic, which is awful. If breeders are responsible, and x-ray before they breed, it will make for a healthier breed, in the long run.

I'm 31 years old and I'm an engineer. My girlfriend is 32 years old and she's a teacher. She had 2 male purple ribbon pits before and as for me this will be my first dog so I'm pretty excited. We are both pretty active people. I'm into everything from hiking, skiing, running, the gym, swimming, mountain biking, motorcycles, white water rafting, water sports, rock climbing, camping and the list goes on. I'm hoping to get Brewski to run and hike with me. I'm a big Patriots fan, hence the dog's name :) . I like to hang out with friends at the beach and have bonfires in my yard. I also enjoy working on my house.

I will check the paperwork that was given to us about the health testing and report back. We are also going to bring him to the vet right away and get him checked out either way.
Point37
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 am

Point37 wrote:Image

I'm not really familiar with puppies, but in this picture he looks sick. Hope he's better.

The type of health testing Leslie is talking about isn't the same as taking the dog to the vet...though that's a good thing, and I'm not trying to discourage you from taking the dog to the vet...but prior to breeding, breeders should really know the ins and outs of their dogs and know that they're bettering the breed by only breeding the best. Often times that's not the case. The more you hang out here, the more you'll see.

Your pup looks cute and I'm sure you guys are super excited to get him!
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Point37 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:48 am

jamielvsaustin wrote:
Point37 wrote:Image

I'm not really familiar with puppies, but in this picture he looks sick. Hope he's better.

The type of health testing Leslie is talking about isn't the same as taking the dog to the vet...though that's a good thing, and I'm not trying to discourage you from taking the dog to the vet...but prior to breeding, breeders should really know the ins and outs of their dogs and know that they're bettering the breed by only breeding the best. Often times that's not the case. The more you hang out here, the more you'll see.

Your pup looks cute and I'm sure you guys are super excited to get him!

It's just some snots probably mixed with some pollen from laying in the grass...i met the Dam and she was very friendly seemed to be in great shape...the breeder was a good guy and was intent on protecting the puppies...the health documentation he provided was enough for me to pull the trigger...plus who could resist a face like that :inlove:

My girlfriend Joyelle's intro is here...
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=154114

here is the ad for the pups but i actually found out about the litter through a friend...

http://newbedford.ebayclassifieds.com/d ... d=19747888

Beautiful blue nose pups , the parents are both razorsedge , the pups will come with a health certificate from vet , a puppy contract , utd on all vaccines , and also I have ear croppings for an additional fee , the parents are both around the same size , the moms 82 lbs the father is 87, mom has a 21 1/2 " head the fathers head is 23 " there both good with kids and other animals , now for the pups they were born on 6/2/12 I have 6 boys 4 girls ..... 5 are all blue with white on chest and paws also 2 of those 5 have a little white strip between there eyes , 4 are blue fawn absolutely amazing color !! And I have 1 blue brindle
Point37
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:13 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Sadly, that ad has many of the hallmarks of irresponsible breeding. Head size, oversize dogs, blue (fad color), health cert as opposed to health testing. Still, he could be a wonderful pup, but I'm pretty certain those are irresponsible breeders.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions