Hello to all!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Curly_07

Re: Hello to all!

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:31 am

Welcome! Pleasure to have you! You have quite the full household! From my understanding, you should be protected if she is your actual service dog. I understand the issues with duty stations and the breed, as it was one of the many reasons I decided to separate and not reinlist. I think you will fit in great here, as well as be a good addition to PBF! See you around :)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:26 am

Hi Chelle! :welcome: to PBF. I was stationed in Grand Forks for a couple of years, small world huh?

I agree with Curly, I think you're going to make a great addition to the board. If I were in your shoes, I'd always have the part of the ADA on me that showed you're allowed to have your dog. Additionally, if you don't live on base the Fair Housing Act protects you and your service dog. The only reason I know these things is because a friend was just talking about it on Facebook, that situation was a little different because the dog was still in training. I got out of the military in 2007, and we'd aquired our PB in 2006, I'm so happy (now) that I made that choice. I think it's very unfair to ask our service members to do what they do, and restrict them in this way.

spammie

Postby spammie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Welcome to PBF, Chelle. We'd love to pics of your crew.
:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”