heavy shedding or allergy not sure.. help/advice needed

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

heavy shedding or allergy not sure.. help/advice needed

Postby Trish APBT » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi guys!

Need help..

First of all im not sure if its allergy or just heavy shedding..

My brindle pit loses a lot of hair on her neck, just below the neck, shoulder and in between her 2 front legs and body.. there are already quite noticeable bald spot on these part.. though she also sheds normal amount of hair in other part of the body..

Fyi, there are no red spots on the bald area, shes not scratching..

It happened before but it has red spots and she scratches a lot i can say it was itchy unlike today its just plain bald not itchy and really loses hair heavily.. i also found out before that she has yeast infection.. at that time she is still on dry kibble and i solve it when i switched her to raw.. everthing gets back to normal.. but this time shes already in raw for almost a month when i noticed the heavy shedding and some bald spots..

Heres a sample of her raw diet: leg quarter chicken neck chicken gizzard chicken liver or pork heart & lungs Tripe egg

I always remove the skin of the chicken, could that be the problem? Lack of fats?
Trish APBT
Newborn Bully

Re: heavy shedding or allergy not sure.. help/advice needed

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:34 pm

I would try a raw pre-mix (sojos) or raw patty (nature's variety) diet for 3 months and find out if it is dietary.

If it is not, at this time of year, environmental allergies would be high on my list.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Trish APBT » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:16 am

Its hard to find those kind of food here in our country and possibly wont be able to find it here.. but i will be giving here enough exercise first before i change anything of here diet i guess coz she didnt get any exercise the past few weeks..
Trish APBT
Newborn Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:17 am

Trish APBT wrote:Its hard to find those kind of food here in our country and possibly wont be able to find it here.. but i will be giving here enough exercise first before i change anything of here diet i guess coz she didnt get any exercise the past few weeks..

I guess I don't understand how exercise has anything to do with coat quality???
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Trish APBT » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Too much protein on her food then no exercise at all.. thats when she gets the skin prob i guess..
Trish APBT
Newborn Bully

Postby starrlamia » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Trish APBT wrote:Too much protein on her food then no exercise at all.. thats when she gets the skin prob i guess..

That wouldn't have an impact. It's possible she is allergic to a meat source or some sort of environmental thing. I would add some fish oil or coconut oil to her diet and stick to just chicken for a while to see if it clears up.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby Trish APBT » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:40 am

ok, thanks! i guess i would eliminate other raw foods and stick first to chicken and see if there would be any improvement. I would be adding up some VCO as well.
Trish APBT
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues