hey

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

hey

Postby millie12 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Well first off my name is Austin. I'm from TN my wonderful pits name is Millie she is six months old and said to be a full blooded rednose. I've had some questions about her and thought this.is the best place to get answered so if you don't care to help couldyou sendme a message thanks alot
millie12
Newborn Bully

hello everyone

Postby millie12 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi my name is Austin I'm 20 year old living in kingsport TN. I have a 6 month old rednose pitbull. And her name is Millie. I have owned a few pitbulls in the past and I love the breed. Irecently have had a chance to.own the breed I like due to places I've lived and I found Millie on Craigslist at 9 weeks old.since I got her she has learned sit stay and come an laydown very smart animal. She currently stand 13 inches weighs 23 pounds. Thanks for reading our post.
millie12
Newborn Bully

Re: hey

Postby spammie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:20 am

Welcome to PBF Austin. What attracts you the breed? Do you have any future plans in mind for you and Millie?
spammie
Regulator

Postby millie12 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:41 am

Well first off I'm goin dovwhat I can to make sure she is full blooded the Guy I got her from had the mom and the dad. Its just that she is six months old 23 pounds and only 13 inches tall. Had someone tell me that she had Cadillac. In her. She has one sky blue eye.and.one.green eye. She is a beautiful dog. I just wanna make sure that her being so short and long is normal before I breed.her.in the future. Without papers I know.this ain't smart but allbthe pups will go to family and.friends
millie12
Newborn Bully

Postby GoingPostal » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Well I'm sure she's full of blood, most dogs are, as far as purebred or not, if you didn't get papers probably not. Cadillac isn't a bloodline, they probably meant Camelot but either way you can't tell by looking at a dog what bloodline they are or if they are purebred. I hope you reconsider breeding her, there are literally thousands of pit bulls put down every month in this country because nobody wants them and they are banned and restricted in so many places. If your friends/family want puppies or a pit bull for themselves they can find one just about anywhere, tell them to check petfinder or the local shelters rather than buying from a backyard breeder. You also don't know what kind of background your dog had and may produce puppies with bad temperaments or health issues and no one with a quality dog is going to stud them out to an unpapered, untitled dog so you will be pumping out even worse quality dogs than you started with.

The point of breeding is to improve the breed, not put more puppies on the ground and everybody thinks their dogs will go to "good homes". Realistically 75% of those pups will be dumped or dead by the time they are 1. All of my dogs came to me after being rehomed several times or dumped at the shelter.

Here are some dogs near you that are just as cute, smart and friendly as yours, but nobody wants them
http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?ani ... rch=Search

Some info on breeding
http://www.pbrc.net/breeding.html
http://www.pbrc.net/breeding3.html
http://www.pbrc.net/breeding2.html
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby spammie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Austin, please reconsider breeding an untitled, unregistered dog. Your best bet is to have her spayed and give her a happy home. If you'd like to become a member here, let me know, as this is a wonderful place for info on the breed, but I doubt anyone here will be supportive for a backyard breeder.
spammie
Regulator

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:51 pm

GoingPostal wrote:Well I'm sure she's full of blood, most dogs are, as far as purebred or not, if you didn't get papers probably not. Cadillac isn't a bloodline, they probably meant Camelot but either way you can't tell by looking at a dog what bloodline they are or if they are purebred. I hope you reconsider breeding her, there are literally thousands of pit bulls put down every month in this country because nobody wants them and they are banned and restricted in so many places. If your friends/family want puppies or a pit bull for themselves they can find one just about anywhere, tell them to check petfinder or the local shelters rather than buying from a backyard breeder. You also don't know what kind of background your dog had and may produce puppies with bad temperaments or health issues and no one with a quality dog is going to stud them out to an unpapered, untitled dog so you will be pumping out even worse quality dogs than you started with.

The point of breeding is to improve the breed, not put more puppies on the ground and everybody thinks their dogs will go to "good homes". Realistically 75% of those pups will be dumped or dead by the time they are 1. All of my dogs came to me after being rehomed several times or dumped at the shelter.

Here are some dogs near you that are just as cute, smart and friendly as yours, but nobody wants them
http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?ani ... rch=Search

Some info on breeding
http://www.pbrc.net/breeding.html
http://www.pbrc.net/breeding3.html
http://www.pbrc.net/breeding2.html

Thank you! :goodpost:
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby millie12 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm not a back yard breeder. Yes I wanna be a member of the site but I'm just asking questions I'm getting ready to buy a blue pit that has papers so I can start breeding. I think ill just keep her as a family dog. But if anyone could he'll I would still like to know if its normal for a female pit to be six months old and only weigh 22 pounds. But thanks for yaks help but yes I wanna be a member please
millie12
Newborn Bully

Postby GoingPostal » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:05 am

Again, no one can say if the dog is purebred or not so can't say if she's normal size, normally females are 30-50 pounds as adults so she sounds fine. And getting a "blue pit with papers so you can breed" is exactly what a backyard breeder is, did you bother to read any of the links posted? Papers do not equal quality, there are very few "blue" dogs that are good examples of APBT and no one will sell you a dog to just breed willy nilly unless they are a byb themselves. Blue dogs are a dime a dozen, mine I got off craigslist for a whopping $75 spayed and she just tore her acl which cost me $3000 to fix, she's had ear and bladder infections like crazy as well, all due to her poor breeding.
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby IndigoTerra » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:04 am

Austin, honestly, the pittie breed as a whole can be very different from one dog to the next. What is normal for one dog may not be normal for the next. My 3 year old female is registered, and she's only 18 inches tall and 45 pounds. Most of the "game" bred pitties are shorter, usually not over 21 inches and usually weigh below 50 pounds...

You should get her spayed regardless if she is purebred or not. She does not have papers and it seems like you don't know a lot about the breed, and certainly not enough to be breeding pitties out of your living room...
IndigoTerra
Newborn Bully

Return to Introductions