Hello from Diva and I!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Diva and I!

Postby BlueDiva » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Hello, my name is Samantha. I'm a 21-year-old girl living in the southern states of the East Coast with my five-year-old rescued APBT, Diva. I have had many other dogs all through my life, and was fortunate to grow up in a family that loves dogs in all shapes, sizes, breeds, and colors! I am currently working on becoming a full-time tattoo artist at a local shop, and have begun studying under another artist. I work odd jobs in any time I left after mentoring to support myself and Diva, and hope to one day own my own parlor where Diva can come to work with me. :)

When I moved out, I decided that I'd really like to have a dog of my own, but never really guessed it would be a Pit! After a while of looking, and months of checking on the local shelters, I stumbled on Diva through a friend of a friend. Dog fighting is more common than I'd like in my state, and as such, Diva was pulled from a fighter's home, where she had been used as a breeder. In result, her neck is all scarred up as well as her legs, although in the picture I'm posting, you can't really see it all. Her emotional trauma, unfortunately, runs way deeper than that. A trainer and I are working with her to help her overcome it all, and so far, she's been making amazing progress.
Diva and I clicked immediately, and she's been my wing-dog ever since, going everywhere she possibly can with me. In turn, I have become a huge advocate for PitBulls. She inspires me, and has helped me through a lot of my own emotional battles in the short time we've been together, and I really look forward to all the years to come with her at my side.

Recently, Diva and I have been accessed by a very reputable dog trainer, and she thinks that Diva has the potential to become a service dog, and go around to visit people at retirement homes and in hospitals. We start training for that in two weeks! :D
Diva is now very well-known in the dog-lover community in my city, and she has inspired and changed people's minds about what PitBulls really are, something we really hope to continue doing throughout the years. Hopefully, this will eventually include her therapy work as well as some seminars in the community!

And at last, here's a picture of the girl herself~! :)

BlueDiva
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Diva and I!

Postby BlueDiva » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Sorry about the house in the bg, if any of you are looking. Had some friends over the night before, so it was a little messy that morning! lol
BlueDiva
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Welcome! She sounds like an awesome girl! She's quite beautiful too :inlove: I wish you 2 luck with the service dog training. If you haven't yet, you should look into getting her CGC certified first before starting training for SD.

Do you mind me asking where you are located(Closest city)?
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby jamielvsaustin » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Hello and :welcome: Sounds like you girls are going to be great additons to the board :)
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby BlueDiva » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Thank you both for the warm welcome. :)

I am actually located between two of South Carolina's bigger cities, Columbia and Sumter. Sumter has a wonderful community of dog lovers, and a page on Facebook for all of us to gather and chat. Since all of the dog parks around here require yearly memberships (some which actually refuse PitBulls on the basis of breed) we've all recently gotten together and took over a fenced-in portion of one of the public parks every Saturday.

Diva will be going through CGC before she can get fully licensed for being an SD, and that is what we start in two weeks! She will be going through three full training classes every Saturday afternoon, an hour a piece, and when she graduates, she'll get the stars. Then we go from there. :D!
BlueDiva
Newborn Bully

Postby BlueDiva » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm sorry, that came out a little muddled.
She will be going through three full training classes (Obedience 1, Obedience 2, and Advanced Obedience) over the next couple of months, and the classes are every Saturday for an hour. Each obedience course is 8 weeks.
BlueDiva
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:23 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Welcome to you and your pup.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions