Grace- Anyone looking for an active/possibly sport dog adult

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby Megan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:29 am

Grace is my personal foster dog.

This dog is simply put, amazing. She is nearly everything I have been looking for in a "pit bull". She is FUN, extremely athletic. With some coxing she will go swimming down the creek, she LOVES to jump --We are in the process of building her a make shift "agility" set to practice on. She has a lot of toy drive. After a few tosses, she can catch a frisbee pretty darn good.

She gets along well with tolerant dogs. Would not reccomend for a home with cats unless you can keep them completely seperate. She does live with 4 cats with me, however the cats are kept in a different part of the house.

She loves people of all ages. She has been around kids as young as 3, and adults into their 70's.

She has the best trick I think I've seen in a dog yet. If you tell her "Go get a bath" she runs into the bathroom, leaps into the tub and sits down and waits for her bath. NO carrying down the hallway needed! She stands perfectly for her bath.

Grace was found running the streets of NY, and was taken to ACCT where she found herself on the urgent lists. She was pulled by a local rescue when I stepped up to foster--one look into her eyes, and she couldn't die. She is estimated to be 5 years old by the shelter, however a few weeks at home and a few bones later her teeth are in amazing shape. My vet put her between 2-4 years old.

She has an offer for FREE agility training by a trainer in the Ohio area for her adopters. Isn't anyone looking for an athletic, loving adult?

She is available for adoption through Luzurne County Pit Bull Owners. http://www.lcpoinc.org/

Helping with yardwork:

Working an adoption event:

She loves her makeshift "a-frame" but she likes to run up it and sit on the top to watch the tractors working in the fields.

Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Grace- Anyone looking for an active/possibly sport dog a

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:22 pm

Grace is so beautiful.

Oh boy you have me just sobbing at my desk because I spent months cross-posting the Urgent Part 2 dogs and that (combined with some things in my own city) got to be so overwhelming I disabled my FB page.

May God or whatever YOU believe in bless you millions of times over for saving Grace!! I hope she finds the very best, most deserving forever family possible. I hope she lives a fun-filled, active life with never a glimpse back at the memories of the hell-hole you saved her from.

If I ever meet you in person I will kneel down and kiss the ground you walk on for saving her. It is so good to know one of so many made it out alive. :peace:
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Megan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:27 am

I was seeing the urgent lists for months..and I wanted so badly to step in, but the timing wasn't right. Then I saw her on my birthday...and there was something in her eyes. I just sat at my desk at work staring at her crying. Called my hubby--and he said he can't tell me no on my birthday. I have to honestly thank the rescue. They worked over easter weekend to rush my references, rush my home checks, and get her pulled in time. They really busted their behinds to save her.

They have taken in quite a few dogs from the hell hole. Not sure when you stopped looking at the urgents, but she was listed as "Whittney". They also have "Lucky" who was shot in the face, and because of that couldn't get an actual real EVAL and was going to be put down. He is such a looker, too!

In all honesty she is my dream dog, and there is such a huge part of me that does not want to let her go. I am praying she finds someone local to me so I can continue to see her here and there. I also offered to "doggy sit" her for vacations and such for the new owners.
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 am

Megan wrote:In all honesty she is my dream dog, and there is such a huge part of me that does not want to let her go. I am praying she finds someone local to me so I can continue to see her here and there. I also offered to "doggy sit" her for vacations and such for the new owners.

Who could resist a great deal like that?? Geez, everytime I think of her my eyes well up from all the happy!!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby patty » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Gosh, Grace is beautiful :inlove: Prayers that she finds an awesome, loving home. I hope you get to keep in touch with her.
patty
Forum Junky

Postby Megan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Bumping up for Grace again! I can't believe no one wants such a stunning, active, loving dog!She would be perfect for you sport dog people!!

Please cross post her far and wide!
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm

The only thing to do in these situations Meghan is admit that she's already home. ;)
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Megan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:14 am

Oh allison.. I so would if I could :( Gavins cancer is back yet again, he is going in for another surgery... I can't keep a full-time 2nd dog with his health issues... and I don't know how long I'll have with him either... I have been so torn-- I would keep her in a heartbeat if it wasn't for his health issues! I know her perfect family is out there somewhere...it's just a matter of them finding each other.
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:49 am

Oh I'm sorry Meghan. You've done a fabulous job with her and the right family will come along when they're meant to.

Big hugs to you!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Enigma » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 am

I'm so sorry to hear about Gavin and I wish you good luck on finding Grace a perfect new home! She sounds like a great dog and she's gorgeous on top of that, who wouldn't want to adopt her?
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby big blue » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:10 am

Hi Megan,

Where about in Pennsylvania are you, and has Grace been spayed and up to date with her shots?
big blue
Newborn Bully

Postby heartbullies » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:46 am

Megan wrote:Bumping up for Grace again! I can't believe no one wants such a stunning, active, loving dog!She would be perfect for you sport dog people!!

Please cross post her far and wide!

One thing that might be helpful to promote her to sporty competition-minded types is a good level side shot of her conformation. I can't find the link on my phone but there are good old pictures on here and on the APBT Conformation site that help show how to stack a dog. (It definitely takes more than one person at first, let me tell you from experience and many many hilariously bad shots!)

Also it seems that videos really help to show off adoptable dogs and people respond very well to them! She can show off any snazzy tricks or if she has insane toy drive or just show her interacting with people in a relaxed setting, or playing with other dogs, whatever kind of personality can really be highlighted thanks to a video. :) We get so much more interest in dogs with videos, even cell phone videos. I think it's bc people relate when seeing dogs doing things that people can imagine happening with that dog in their own house.

She is a very pretty girl! I'm glad she has a new lease on life with you. Thank you for taking her in.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby Megan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 am

big blue wrote:Hi Megan,

Where about in Pennsylvania are you, and has Grace been spayed and up to date with her shots?

Her rescue is based out of the Wilkesbarre/Scranton Area. We are located near Jim Thorpe. She is spayed, Microchipped, and up to date on all shots.

Heartbullies--

Thank you for the tips. We were at an event two weekends ago and the rescue got some awesome shots of her-- including some jumping to catch her frisbee. It still boggles my mind we have had little interest on her. We have had many people approach at events, but nothing ever pans out.
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Megan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:29 pm

I suppose Grace has always been home. There is a reason why she has been passed up so many times, people never followed through on her. Everyone else saw it before we did. She is home, she is where she belongs =).

As soon as my contract arrives in the mail, she is offically ours :)
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:30 pm

I knew it! :)
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs