introductions

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

introductions

Postby Lenny P. » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Hello, my name is Lenny. I'm a 34 year old male from Connecticut. I just adopted a dog from a local shelter and thought I would introduce myself so I can ask some questions when they come up.

So, a little about me first. Like I said, I'm 34 years old, married, no kids, one cat and now one dog. :) This is my first dog since being a kid and living at home. When growing up we had a couple dogs (boxer mix and pit mix). I currently work a couple miles from home as a plant manager. When I'm not working there, I work from home. Hobbies include shooting, photography, kayaking, amateur radio and general geeking out behind my pc.

2 years ago we adopted a cat named Garfield. A couple of weeks ago we went to Petco and fell in love with Monty. Up until then I was thinking of getting a Mastiff. Monty is a 2-4 year old "pit" mix. I'm guessing her at staffiture terrier and basset hound mix. Although I'm thinking of sending out for the DNA test to see if I'm right. Monty is low energy around the house. Although he does like a LONG walk. So far he's been great with both people and dogs. His reaction to other dogs tends to be of inference. He'll smell them and then not really care much about them.

Currently I walk him for 2-3 miles in the morning (6am). Come home for an hour during lunch. And take him for another 3-4 mile walk when I get home (6pm). He's currently sleeping in a crate and spends the time when I'm at work in the crate. I did move my schedule around so I'm only working Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On my off days he's with me almost all of the day. :)

He's being fed Natures Variety dog food in the AM and K9 Natural Freeze Dried Beef Raw Dog Food in the evening. Plus carrots, apples, and a little banana in his kong when i'm not home.

Introductions with the cat are going well. The cat is warming up to him. Currently they lay down on opposite sides of a screen door or baby gate and don't have any problems. But the cat still gets a little puffed up if he moves too fast. But every day he seems to be getting more and more comfortable with him.

Well, that's about it. Now time for a picture or two of the little guy. If i missed anything or you have any questions feel free to ask.

Lenny P.
Newborn Bully

Re: introductions

Postby Lenny P. » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:15 pm

ah, hit "post" a little to fast.

His reaction to other dogs tends to be of indifference.

lets try those images again...
Lenny P.
Newborn Bully

introductions

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Welcome and thanks for adopting!
Monty is super cute! I wouldn't waste your money on a DNA test, they're awfully inaccurate.

He could be a Bassett or he could have a growth deformity of his front legs. Whatever he is, he is lucky to have landed with you.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

introductions

Postby BellaNSophiesMom » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:32 am

Oh my he is cute, cute!!!
BellaNSophiesMom
Newborn Bully

Re: introductions

Postby Leslie H » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:58 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Welcome from nearby New Preston. I go to that Petco all the time, but just to buy crickets. I get all my pet supplies from Litchfield Pet Supply on RT 202 in Litchfield. It's run by my friend Nancy, who would love your pup, as she has pits, labs and a basset hound. If your looking for places to take training classes, Canine Sports Center in Goshen is very pit friendly. Well, enough advertising from me, wqelcome to PBF.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions